Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Store ads starting 1-8-06

Got a hot deal you want to share? Need one?

Store ads starting 1-8-06

Postby bill on Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:53 am

Other than Memorex media there isn't much on sale this week. If Memorex is what you want, walk in any store this week and it will be on sale.

Of course there is other hardware on sale but I threw in the Mad Dog @ Circuit City because its a DVD Ram capable drive with software.

BestBuy

Verbatim DVD+R DL, 10 pack for 19.99
No free shipping this time around.

Circuit City

Mad Dog Mega Stor (NEC 4550) for $60 out the door. There is also a $10 Mad Dog rebate if you're feeling lucky. Included in the box is Roxio Easy Media Creator 7.

CompUSA

Antec Lanboy case, $40 after $40 Antec rebate.

Office Depot

Maxell DVD +&-R, 100 count for $29.99

If I missed anything worthy of mention please add to the thread, thanks.

EDIT-Sorry about the typo- that's Circuit City that has the NEC 4550A, not CompUSa
Last edited by bill on Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bill
bill
CD-RW Supplier

Postby dodecahedron on Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:13 pm

anyone has a clue on the Maxell media - who is it made by? any chance for MIJ ?
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby TCAS on Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:28 pm

dodecahedron wrote:anyone has a clue on the Maxell media - who is it made by? any chance for MIJ ?

I have been using Maxell DVD+/-R for quite some times the +R has MID of "Maxell 002" and -R is "RG03 both (8X) and both are MIJ. The performance of these disc are very good with no any problem.
TCAS
CD-RW Player

Postby Justin42 on Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:56 pm

My Plex 716 doesn't like Maxell media (MIJ) very much, which is weird. I've heard others have similar results.

Luckily pretty much every other burner loves the stuff.
Justin42
CD-RW Player

Postby waver123 on Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:39 pm

verbatim 16x dvd+r/-r for $14.95 @ Microcenter this week.

http://www.microcenter.com/single_produ ... id=0201167

http://www.microcenter.com/single_produ ... id=0201197

I just picked up 2 pack of 16x +r today from the Santa Clara site, they've a whole bunch there. They're MIT.
waver123
Buffer Underrun

Postby dolphinius_rex on Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:12 pm

The latest Maxell media "made in Japan" has been crap. Seperates if you look at it wrong!

I'll take Maxell's CMC made discs over their own Japanese made discs any day (unless it's Maxell's Professional line of Plus Series DVD-Rs!!). In fact, I'll be telling that to Maxell in person tomorrow when I do a demonstration for them :wink:
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby bill on Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:15 am

dolphinius_rex wrote:The latest Maxell media "made in Japan" has been crap. Seperates if you look at it wrong!

I'll take Maxell's CMC made discs over their own Japanese made discs any day (unless it's Maxell's Professional line of Plus Series DVD-Rs!!). In fact, I'll be telling that to Maxell in person tomorrow when I do a demonstration for them :wink:

Hi Dolph.

If you don't mind me asking, how did that conversation go with the Maxell Rep.? If you feel it's private, I understand.

Thanks
bill
bill
CD-RW Supplier

Postby dolphinius_rex on Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:50 am

bill wrote:
dolphinius_rex wrote:The latest Maxell media "made in Japan" has been crap. Seperates if you look at it wrong!

Hi Dolph.

If you don't mind me asking, how did that conversation go with the Maxell Rep.? If you feel it's private, I understand.

Thanks

I goofed and didn't notice they said *NEXT* Thursday :P My meeting will be on the 19th it turns out (D'oh!). Ask me again in 1 week, and I'll say what I can, although probably their response is going to be "We need to talk to the plant in Japan".
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby bill on Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:03 am

dolphinius_rex wrote: Ask me again in 1 week, and I'll say what I can

:D Will do.

Thanks!
bill
bill
CD-RW Supplier

Return to Hot Deals