Home News Reviews Forums Shop

CdDvdSpeed - Problems With Bootable CDs

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

CdDvdSpeed - Problems With Bootable CDs

Postby whitedavidp on Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:35 am

I have found some troubles with at least versions 4.08, 4.10, and 4.11 of this software when it comes to benchmark or quality scanning of bootable CDs in at least the following drives: NEC 3550A, Plextor PX-712A, Liteon LTR-52246S, BenQ 1620.

The quality test ends with a failure to initialize test error just after spin-up. The benchmark test almost immediately yields this error (or one similar to it where the number varies a little): Logical block address out of range (052100).

I have reproduced this on a couple of different CD-R media brands. If it is of any help, I find that the same CDs test just fine in the BenQ 1620 with version 4.06 of the software. I got some very strange results in the benchmark test using the Liteon and version 4.08 of the software. It did not fail immediately but the results had all kinds of wierd characters in them. Finally it too died with the same Logical block address error.

The disks in question seem to boot and read just fine. I can also perform the ScanDisc function on the disks in all drives and with all versions of the software. At least one of the disks was burned using Nero 6.x. I believe the other test disk was burned using Nero 5.x.

Any ideas about what is wrong here?
whitedavidp
Buffer Underrun

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)