Home News Reviews Forums Shop

If you have nothing better to do....

General discussion. Come introduce yourself. Talk about whataver you want!

If you have nothing better to do....

Postby smartin4 on Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:41 pm

Here's another toime waster that we can all enjoy. :lol:

http://www.hurtwood.demon.co.uk/Fun/copter.swf
smartin4
CD-RW Player

Postby bill on Sun Feb 12, 2006 2:51 pm

Hey, thanks for the link. :D That was good timing because we got about 8 inches of snow last night so I had some time to goof off.

Only managed to get a score of 760 :-? . That little chopper drops like a rock and it's hard to time the climbs back up.

How's that northeaster treating you?
bill
bill
CD-RW Supplier

Postby smartin4 on Sun Feb 12, 2006 4:21 pm

We got roughly about 8 inches in South Central NJ, not too bad. My snow thrower works like a charm. 8)

BTW, my high is 1165, you're right though, that sucker drops like a rock and if your timing isn't right, POW!!!! End of game.

I try not to obsess on it, only play for 10 minutes or so at a clip, though this is the tyope of game that could very easily have sitting there for 30-40 minutes plus.
smartin4
CD-RW Player

Postby bill on Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:05 pm

smartin4 wrote:We got roughly about 8 inches in South Central NJ, not too bad. My snow thrower works like a charm. 8)

Hmm, only 8 inches for you too. After looking at the weather map last night I thought you guys were going to get clobbered. The map looked a lot like it did in 1996 ( ? ) when we had that bad storm. I'm sure my brother in Mt. Holly is happy, his snow thrower ( son ) moved away :wink:

While I'm off topic.. I left the area in 1979 and always wondered what happened to the Wharton State Tract. Has that area been developed or is it still relatively pristine?
bill
bill
CD-RW Supplier

Postby smartin4 on Sun Feb 12, 2006 8:30 pm

bill wrote:
smartin4 wrote:We got roughly about 8 inches in South Central NJ, not too bad. My snow thrower works like a charm. 8)

Hmm, only 8 inches for you too. After looking at the weather map last night I thought you guys were going to get clobbered. The map looked a lot like it did in 1996 ( ? ) when we had that bad storm. I'm sure my brother in Mt. Holly is happy, his snow thrower ( son ) moved away :wink:

While I'm off topic.. I left the area in 1979 and always wondered what happened to the Wharton State Tract. Has that area been developed or is it still relatively pristine?

Though I'm a little further north than Wharton, I am pretty sure that area remains largely undeveloped, the Pinelands Commission is pretty strict as far as building goes.

I am basically in the middle part of Ocean County, I always considered this Central NJ, but considering that alot of ppl say Edison is central NJ too ,so since I am about 75 minutes from Edison, I say I am more South Central NJ. The development in this area is ridiculous, I actually am looking into leaving NJ in the next 5 years or so. It is nothing like it was when I was younger (I have lived in this area my whole life).

There are way too mnay ppl here, mostly QTips, NYers and Northern NJ ppl, just clogging the roads and building houses they can barely afford. They have totally blown the housing prices out of the water (I know we are not alone in teh pricing), my dads house is appraised at $120,000, but he could sell it for $275,000+, things are that ridiculous here. And that is for a 3 BR ranch, basement, 1 car garage on a 100' x 100' lot, no sewer, city water.
smartin4
CD-RW Player

Postby bill on Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:56 am

Sorry to hear that the area is getting overcrowded. We used to travel to your area and fish off the coast. Have a lot of great memories from the area, it was a good place to hang out as a youngster. At that time, the 70's, it never felt hectic except for the peak beach season.

Sometime if you get a chance you might want to take a look at Virginia. The wages are lower (so are the taxes) but there is a lot of old and new money in circulation that keeps the local economy going. The small towns at the base of the Blue Ridge are attractive and a lot less humid during the summer months. This is the largest town that I'm aware of along the Blue Ridge - http://money.cnn.com/best/bplive/snapshots/44027.html Keep in mind that housing inflation has been similar to what you've experienced.
bill
bill
CD-RW Supplier

Return to The Beer Garden