Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Nero 7.0.8.2 will not burn audio cd"s ?????

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Nero 7.0.8.2 will not burn audio cd"s ?????

Postby korsion on Tue Mar 28, 2006 12:33 am

Hi guys im a noob to this forum so a first a big hello to all and just wondering if anyone can give me an insight to this problem, since i have installed 7.0.8.2 when ever i try to burn an audio cd my computer just freezes up, or hangs like its about to start burning or i will get the message i have attached down the bottom, now when i burn a dvd there are no problems at all, so far i have tryed :

Uninstalling dvdregion free totally

Cleaning the registry many times over

Used Nerotools

deleted the C:\Documents and Setting\UserName\LocalSetting\Temp folder

And reinstalled it fresh after every step i have tryed but i still keep getting all the messages and then if i reinstall my previous Nero 6 version everything works fine

Very confused :( :(
Attachments
untitled.JPG
untitled.JPG (18.21 KiB) Viewed 1966 times
korsion
Buffer Underrun

Postby TCAS on Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:51 am

When you do clean reinstall Nero 7 first at the beginning of installation Nero has embedded a "Serial Number" before you go any further at this stage try to delete that S/N and put your own S/N and proceed with installation may be that work.
TCAS
CD-RW Player

Postby korsion on Tue Mar 28, 2006 9:36 am

Thanks for the response, i tryed that still no luck #-o
korsion
Buffer Underrun

Postby TCAS on Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:58 pm

How much Hard drive disc you have available also what is your amount of system memory?.
TCAS
CD-RW Player

Postby korsion on Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:47 pm

I have a 40 gb hard drive with 22 gb of free space, and 512 mb of Ram, ive taken a screenshot of the performance if it helps.
Attachments
untitled1.JPG
untitled1.JPG (47.96 KiB) Viewed 1916 times
korsion
Buffer Underrun

Postby TCAS on Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:37 am

Do you have the first 4 digit of your Nero7 as "1C80"?.
TCAS
CD-RW Player

Postby korsion on Wed Mar 29, 2006 1:51 am

Nero Premium 7 " 1C80-0010-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX "
korsion
Buffer Underrun

Postby TCAS on Wed Mar 29, 2006 4:46 pm

Yes I have the same version of Nero 7 (Premium) and I have no problem with it except for LS is not functioning ( not recognizing LS drive e.g.BenQ 1655).
TCAS
CD-RW Player

Postby korsion on Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:51 pm

Thanks for the help anyway, i have samsung dvd and cd burners and never had a problem with nero recognising them maybe the next update might be better, im still using nero for all my dvd stuff and am just using sony"s cd architect for my cds until i work out the problem.
korsion
Buffer Underrun

Postby waterloo_sunset on Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:49 pm

I've had this problem too since Nero 7 was first released. Sad to see it still hasn't been fixed. :( Seems to occur only on winxp w/ sp2. But when i do a clean re-install it eliminates the prob although only for a short while. Also posted in the Feedback sticky along with a screenshot. http://www.cdrlabs.com/phpBB/viewtopic. ... 6&start=25 Btw it occurs everytime u try to make a direct copy of any cd, not just audio cd's.
waterloo_sunset
Buffer Underrun

Postby korsion on Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:56 am

I did a search around the forums before i posted didnt see that thread, thanks for the link now i know i havent got some kind of alien mutoid pc, also as i never really burn data cd"s i thought it may of just been audio, but i tryed burning a data cd last night and same problem so i guess its safe to say its any cd on mine as well!!!!
korsion
Buffer Underrun

Postby CCampbell on Fri Apr 21, 2006 6:11 pm

I am hoping this next release will resolve the issue.

I did have one of our OEMs finally be able to reproduce this issue, to a small degree. Who could copy two audio CDs, and then it would fail on teh 3rd. But if he closed Nero Express and then reopened it, he could then copy 2 again before it failed.

I could never duplicate this issue, but I did send this OEM a beta release of our Nero 7.2 and this seemed to have resolved his issue. Though our Engineers were not aware of any 'fix' that was done intentionally to address this, as they have not been able to duplicate this symptom in the QA lab either. :-(

I hope the release coming in the next 3 to 5 days will address this. If not, I need to go back to the OEM and look at that system and see what he might have done to change the outcome.

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby dodecahedron on Sat Apr 22, 2006 2:13 am

CCampbell wrote:I hope the release coming in the next 3 to 5 days will address this. If not, I need to go back to the OEM and look at that system and see what he might have done to change the outcome.

Craig, is this new release in a few days going to be Nero 7.2 ?
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby CCampbell on Sat Apr 22, 2006 9:01 pm

Yes, it will be 7.2.x.x, I don't want to give the exact version till I know the final release has been or is about to be posted. There is always a chance QA will find a show stopper bug and it will go back to the Engineers. :)

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby korsion on Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:57 am

Any news on wether this issue has been resolved in the latest version ? im just wondering wether it is worth purchasing it. :-?
korsion
Buffer Underrun

Still not resolved!!

Postby waterloo_sunset on Mon May 08, 2006 9:05 pm

The buffer overrun issue has not been resolved in 7.2.0.3b. :(
Craig, there seems to be some conflict with DVD Region+Css Free. Try installing that on xp sp2 along with nero and there is a good chance you will be able to duplicate the issue.
waterloo_sunset
Buffer Underrun

Postby CCampbell on Wed May 17, 2006 5:01 pm

korsion wrote:Any news on wether this issue has been resolved in the latest version ? im just wondering wether it is worth purchasing it. :-?

Hi Korison,

The OEM who had reported this issue, tested with our Nero 7.2.0.3b release, and reports that the issue is resolved on their systems.

Please use the Nero Clean Tool to insure you remants of previous versions of Nero are on your system, and then download our Nero 7.2.0.3b Demo and see if this now works for you as well.

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Re: Still not resolved!!

Postby CCampbell on Wed May 17, 2006 5:03 pm

waterloo_sunset wrote:The buffer overrun issue has not been resolved in 7.2.0.3b. :(
Craig, there seems to be some conflict with DVD Region+Css Free. Try installing that on xp sp2 along with nero and there is a good chance you will be able to duplicate the issue.

Hi Waterloo_sunset,

I'll give that a try next week. Hopefully, this will allow me to duplicate the issue. :-)

I'll give you feedback on my results ASAP.

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)