Home News Reviews Forums Shop

How do you stop nero from deleting its temporary DVD videos?

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

How do you stop nero from deleting its temporary DVD videos?

Postby Waters7 on Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:17 pm

There are files called nve*.tmp that get saved each with a different number when you go to make a video dvd. These are the actual movies that will get written to the dvd. nve123.tmp, nve124.tmp, nve125.tmp, etc.

I need to copy these files so that I don't have to do the 3 hour encoding process 4 times just to make a working dvd. I'm making 5 dvds with about 10 movies, total of about 53 files. but nero hangs on 1 or 2 movies each dvd and you have to re-encode the hanging video file in windows media encoder, then start the 3 hour transcoding process alll over again. The allready transcoded videos that took 4 hours to make apparently can't be re-used because a baby dove dies everytime someone leaves 5 measely gigabytes of files on their hard drive.

Problem is I can't copy these files because while nero is running you get a "Cannot copy NVE189.tmp. It is being used by another person or program. Close any programs that might be using the file and try again." When you close Nero, the files disappear.

Does anyone know away to either copy these files or stop nero from deleting them?
Waters7
Buffer Underrun

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)