Home News Reviews Forums Shop

COOLER MASTER Centurion case

Got a hot deal you want to share? Need one?

COOLER MASTER Centurion case

Postby bill on Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:53 pm

One day special @ Newegg. Nice case for $50, includes shipping.

http://cdrlabs.pricegrabber.com/search_ ... AC-T05-UW+
bill
bill
CD-RW Supplier

Postby TCAS on Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:59 am

I don't consider this as a good deal since the case comes with no "Power Supply" and one has to spend at least another $50 for power supply which come to total $100 which you can buy full tower case from "Antec" with 400 watts power supply from Fry's Electronic or even from newegg.
TCAS
CD-RW Player

Postby bill on Thu Apr 27, 2006 9:04 am

TCAS wrote:I don't consider this as a good deal since the case comes with no "Power Supply" and one has to spend at least another $50 for power supply which come to total $100 which you can buy full tower case from "Antec" with 400 watts power supply from Fry's Electronic or even from newegg.

Hi TCAS,

No doubt, Antec has some very nice case designs. I actually own a couple and don't have any complaints.

The Coolmaster Centurion 5 CAC-T05 is aesthetically nice and offers an alternative design. One nice feature is the five 5 ¼ bays. And, for the man who can't leave well enough alone :D , its tool-free drive bays are a pleasure when swapping out writers..
bill
bill
CD-RW Supplier

Postby dolphinius_rex on Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:12 am

I have the Coolermaster CM Stacker, and let me say that the high price for the tower, which also did not come with a power supply, did not put me off at all. The towers by Cooler Master are EXCELLENTLY designed, and are incredibly high quality. Also, I have space for 7-11 5 1/4 drives, and that's just awesome.

So for the average person, this Cooler Master Centurion should be excellent.
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby bill on Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:37 am

dolphinius_rex wrote:I have the Coolermaster CM Stacker

Hi Dolph, that is a sweet case! I was at CompUSA about a week ago and there was one on the floor. It's the first time I had seen one and was very impressed with the design and the amount of space. If it wasn't for the fact that I spent too much money on other items I would have picked one up.

What power supply are you using?
bill
bill
CD-RW Supplier

Postby dolphinius_rex on Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:18 pm

bill wrote:
What power supply are you using?

I'm using 2 PSU's, one is a 550 Watt (Mr.) Sparkle PSU, and the other a generic 350 Watt, which I use to power the extra fans and a few DVD burners only.

My system is running on the Sparkle PSU of course, I need my stability :wink:
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Return to Hot Deals