Home News Reviews Forums Shop

How The Nero Enhanced Nero Is Doing For You?.

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

How The Nero Enhanced Nero Is Doing For You?.

Postby TCAS on Tue Sep 19, 2006 6:33 am

How satisfied are you with performance of New Nero Enhanced Version of 7.5.1.1? has it been a major change and improvement over the previous version?, what is your intake so far?.
TCAS
CD-RW Player

Postby rc213 on Tue Sep 19, 2006 3:03 pm

No real change that I can notice from the Enhanced version over 7.2 previous version.
[Asus A8N-E]
[Athlon64 X2 4200+ (CNPS7000B-AlCu)]
[Sapphire x1800XT 256mb (Sytrin VF1-Plus)]
[2GB OCZ EL DDR PC3200 Platinum]
[X-Fi XtremeMusic]
[Antec SmartPower 2.0 500watt]
rc213
CD-RW Thug

Postby edelbeb on Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:08 am

Installation over 7.2.x failed (failure to find or recognize nero.msi). I used GoBack to restore my system, then tried uninstalling 7.2.x followed by reinstalling 7.5.x. The installation worked, but Nero SmartStart was not very smart. Clicking on the product logo page had no effect and did not bring up the registration page. Indeed, there seemed to be no way to bring up the product registration page. For the most part, Nero SmartStart appeared to be broken. After that, I used GoBack to restore my system to its previous state with Nero 7.2.x and gave up for now on Nero 7.5.x.
edelbeb
Buffer Underrun

Postby tony_bedford on Mon Sep 25, 2006 2:01 pm

Hi there

I seem to be one of many having inatallations problems with Nero 7.5.1.1
Iposted a comment about this on more or less the time the updatewas posted by Nero
Beware of using the nero update facility to upgrade your software to the latest version! I always make a backup before using the update facility in case of problems. I tried to update without success. The updates failed after numerous tries. This then caused my computer to slow right down, taking up to one hour to reboot after closing down my computerafter the failed install.( This happened on one of the previous updates as well causing me to install a computer backup)

After a computer restore I then tried to remove the existing Nero software with the Nero7 cleantool without success.
Eventually It took me 1.5 hours to manually remove as many of the Nero entries in the registry as I could.

Needless to say I have now given up on Nero 7 after persevering with the trials and tribulations this software has caused me since it was introduced last year.
Life is too short to have to be bothered with software like this.

Why cannot Nero introduce their own version of Nero Lite ? This is about 38 megabytes and seems to contain all the necessary items to make it a really interesting piece of software. Also If Nero reverted to the simple downloads they used to provide this would negate any need for the flaky download setup they now provide.
With the cleantool they provide not working I am also doubtfull as to whether I could install Nero 7.5.1 even if I wanted to!
tony_bedford
Buffer Underrun

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)