Home News Reviews Forums Shop

7.5.1.1 problems

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

7.5.1.1 problems

Postby ricksimm on Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:27 am

I was running 6.6.1.4 and I installed 7.5.1.1- so far not a good idea. I click on "Add" trying to create a data DVD and I eventually get a "Server Busy" error. I click on Scout and absolutely nothing happens. I got PO'ed and decided not to try anything else. I have also seen the NMIndexStoreSvr.exe error message. About a year ago I used to read this forum and read the countless threads where Nero customers were continually debugging Nero software for Nero- seems some things never change! Can anyone be of some help? Thanks.
ricksimm
Buffer Underrun

Postby ricksimm on Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:18 pm

Now working ok! Went to Nero site and downloaded their CleanTools and Registry checker. Ran the CleanTool- then ran CCleaner registry cleaner (deleted everything it found)- then rebooted- then reinstalled 7.5.1.1- it worked. My question is why can't Nero handle these problems automatically during an install? They know the problems exist or they wouldn't have written CleanTools- it's just plain stupid!
ricksimm
Buffer Underrun

Postby hoxlund on Sun Oct 01, 2006 11:12 am

its almost always not a good idea to upgrade on top of another program

you should always uninstall the old one and install the new program fresh
Thermaltake Core X5 Snow Edition TG Case
Corsair RM1000 Power Supply
MSI X399 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
AMD Threadripper 1950x @ 4.1GHz
Custom Loop w/ EK MSI x399 Monoblock
G.Skill 4x8GB DDR4 3200 RGB Memory
MSI 1080Ti Lightning X Video Card
hoxlund
CD-RW Player

Postby ricksimm on Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:17 pm

Sorry I didn't mention it but I did uninstall the previous version before trying to install 7.5.1.1. I used the Windows "Add/Remove Programs" which turned out to be inadequate. We are all aware of trash left in the registry after using the Windows method to remove software. That's why Nero has "Registry Checker" and "CleanTool" software available for download. I used CCleaner because I don't trust Nero at this point. Again, Nero should take care of these problems during the install of their new software. Thanks for your response.
ricksimm
Buffer Underrun

Postby sandersk on Sun Oct 01, 2006 9:00 pm

hoxlund:

Absolutely love the, I guess it would be, avatar!
sandersk
CD-RW Thug

Postby SkaarjMaster on Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:18 am

I know it may seem like a PITA right now, but there is a reason why it's a good idea to use Clean Tools after Add/Remove programs and before installing a new version of Nero. There are many different versions of Nero and the registry is mighty complicated.

Sometimes you can get away with just installing new versions over old programs, but an uninstall first and possibly registry cleaning can be a good thing. I actually will search the registry for a few keys words before installing some new software like virus scanners, video drivers and stuff like that.
MSI (unnamed laptop): GS75 Stealth 95F, Pioneer BDR-XD07B
SKAARJ-LAPTOP: Asus G750JW-NH71
SKAARJMASTERDUO: WinXPSP3,C2D E8600,Gigabyte EP45-UD3P,Pioneer DVR-216D,BenQ DW1655,Asus E818A3T.
SkaarjMaster
CD-RW Player

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)