Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Hit and run!

What was that?

Hit and run!

Postby Ian on Fri Oct 06, 2006 6:24 pm

As many of you know, I work for a college (no, I'm not a prof). Considering how educated the people are, it always surprises me how stupid and/or irresponsible they are. Take today for example. The person parked next to me in the ramp backs out of his tall, cuts it a little too sharp and scrapes the shit out of my car. Does he leave a note? Call the cops? Nope. The asshat takes off.

My insurance will cover most of it but I'm still stuck with a $250 deductible if I can't find this guy. Most likely, he is someone with a permit so he'll be parking there again next week but its possible that he bought a day pass. In that case, I'm pretty much SOL.

Luckily, I remember that I parked next to a Honda CRV this morning. This will at least make it easier to track the guy down. It would also explain why the scratches were so high.

Okay, I'm done ranting. :D
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby aviationwiz on Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:28 am

Any security cameras in the parking lot?
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby Ian on Sat Oct 07, 2006 6:46 am

I contacted the transportation people about that but they still haven't gotten back to me. I really doubt they have any, especially where I was parked.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby LoneWolf on Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:32 am

I know how you feel, Ian. By the time I sold my 1994 Acura Integra GS-R, it had two dents on each rear quarter-panel. Those corresponded to SUV's whose occupants just flung their doors open in a parking lot (you could tell from the height of the dings), and never looked back. It led me to park my car way out at the edges of lots, and I still do now (I'd rather walk than have to deal with the double irresponsibility of someone not being careful, and then not willing to admit it either).
Intel Q9450 @3.2GHz, Gigabyte GA EP45-UD3P, 4 x 2GB G.Skill @4-4-4-12
Antec P160SW case (modded), Xigmatek 750w PSU
3x 500GB (RAID-5), , OptiArc 7200S, ASUS E818A3T
Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer, Hauppauge HVR-1800, Radeon 4890
Dell 2407WFP
LoneWolf
CD-RW Player

Return to Rants n' Raves