Home News Reviews Forums Shop

50% off of BluRay at Amazon.com

Got a hot deal you want to share? Need one?

50% off of BluRay at Amazon.com

Postby dolphinius_rex on Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:51 pm

I saw this posted on eproductwars.com:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html?r ... 1&plpage=1

It's only 47 select titles, but some of them are pretty good. Excellent way to stock up on BluRay movies :D

Now if only I had a PS3....
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby Justin42 on Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:17 pm

Hrm, may pick up a $14.99 title or two just so I have something whenever I end up with a PS3...

(hrrm.. HD Jessica Alba... :o )
Justin42
CD-RW Player

Postby dolphinius_rex on Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:38 pm

Justin42 wrote:Hrm, may pick up a $14.99 title or two just so I have something whenever I end up with a PS3...

(hrrm.. HD Jessica Alba... :o )

That's how I started.... and now I have 9 BluRay titles and still no PS3 :lol:

At least you know when you buy BluRay movies that your format isn't going to up and die on you, so it's safe to buy early :)
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby Justin42 on Wed Mar 07, 2007 5:56 pm

Are there any good review sites for BluRay movies? I'd be tempted to pick up something like the 5th Element, but it sounds like the transfer isn't too hot. Since many of these are early BR releases, I'd rather not spend ANY money if they're not really good representatives of the format... but I'd like to read some good reviews to know.
Justin42
CD-RW Player

Postby dolphinius_rex on Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:14 pm

Justin42 wrote:Are there any good review sites for BluRay movies? I'd be tempted to pick up something like the 5th Element, but it sounds like the transfer isn't too hot. Since many of these are early BR releases, I'd rather not spend ANY money if they're not really good representatives of the format... but I'd like to read some good reviews to know.

I like these guys personally:
http://www.highdefdigest.com/

And yeah, the transfer for 5th Element is one of the worst, but it still looks better then an upconverted SD-DVD, and I can attest to that one personally :wink: (I have both, and I compared them on the same screen in a local shop last year)

dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby Wesociety on Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:43 pm

I think I read somewhere that they were looking into redoing the Blu-ray authoring for 5th Element because it turned out so crappy...
http://WesleyTech.com <- Blu-ray Disc & consumer technology news, opinions & articles
Wesociety
CD-RW Player

Return to Hot Deals