Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Cover Designer 2 Essentials freezes system

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Cover Designer 2 Essentials freezes system

Postby Falvinp on Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:12 pm

I recently purchased a Liteon dvd writer, model LH-20A1H. Nero 7 Essentials software was included with the drive.

Using Cover Designer 2 Essentials, I designed, printed, and then saved a simple lightscribe label for a dvd.

I then closed down the program. After I restarted the program and on subsequent times after rebooting etc. the program would not let me reopen my saved label. When I get to the folder where I have the label stored, my system freezes up. I still have the mouse but the program becomes unresponsive. I have difficulty shutting it down, even using task manager.

I presume there's some sort of hardware or software conflict, but I don't know how to trouble shoot this. I have Roxio Easy Media Creator 7 on my machine. As far as I know, this version doesn't support lightscribe as it is several years old. I can't remove this software from my computer because I'm halfway through a major dvd project.

I'm running Windows XP pro on my machine. I doubt it would make any difference, but I checked with Liteon and I do have the most recent firmware running.

I've called Liteon and of course they refered me to Nero. I'm not going to pay $1.29 per minute for new customer tech support that should be free.

The email tech support is very clunky and I didn't see a choice for the exact software versions I have.

I know it's a long shot, but has anyone else had this problem. I've already uninstalled and reinstalled the software in connection with another problem.

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.
Falvinp
Buffer Underrun

Postby roadrunner on Wed Mar 21, 2007 5:17 pm

I personally don't like the Nero labeler. Have you tried the (free) Surethng SE, available on the Lightscribe website?

http://www.lightscribe.com/files/setup.zip

It's a much better app, IMHO.
roadrunner
CD-RW Player

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)