Home News Reviews Forums Shop

CNN's Best And Worst Movie Battle Scenes

General discussion. Come introduce yourself. Talk about whataver you want!

CNN's Best And Worst Movie Battle Scenes

Postby Ian on Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:52 am

I don't know if anyone else saw this. I gotta agree with most of the movies on the list but Starship Troopers on the top 10? And why the heck are Star Wars movies the top 2 worst?

http://www.cnn.com/2007/SHOWBIZ/Movies/ ... index.html
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Re: CNN's Best And Worst Movie Battle Scenes

Postby roadrunner on Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:22 pm

Ian wrote:And why the heck are Star Wars movies the top 2 worst?

It's ok, but the gun down...

CNN wrote:And in the world's worst cinematic travesty ever, Qui-Gon Jinn dies; Jar Jar Binks doesn't. Life just ain't fair.

So, so true.
roadrunner
CD-RW Player

Postby Wesociety on Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:36 pm

I was disappointed that Darth Maul died. I thought he was a pretty cool villain.

The article is an interesting opinion peice, but it lists a bunch of older flicks that I haven't seen.
http://WesleyTech.com <- Blu-ray Disc & consumer technology news, opinions & articles
Wesociety
CD-RW Player

Postby Grain on Tue May 01, 2007 6:58 pm

Didn't agree with their worst, the LOTR scene's were all great IMO, as was the SW Phantom Menace scene, IMO the Battle of Endor has not stood up well to the passage of time, but to be fair I was impressed back in 83. I didn't mind King Arthur, liked Dune, like the action of Pearl Harbor (but it's all wrecked now as all I can think of is the song in Team America "Pearl Harbor sucked, and I miss you, Pearl Harbor sucked... , Just a little bit more than I miss you..." =D> I quite enjoyed Starship Troopers as the bit of fluff it was, haven't seen Zulu, Tora! or Bridge though, may have to rent em'. Might have to watch Team America again though, got that song stuck in my head :lol:
Hi-Def Format Neutral
Samsung BD-1400, PS3 40GB
Toshiba HD-A2, HD-XA2 & XBox 360 HD DVD
Grain
CD-RW Player

Return to The Beer Garden