Home News Reviews Forums Shop

nero.exe application error

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Postby sugarqfx on Wed May 23, 2007 8:53 am

whenever i close, exit nero i get this message, it started when i upgraded from 7.2.5 to 7.8.5.0 i tried reinstalling nero but still the same thing happens.

installation goes fine, no problems, but when i try to run nero and exit, this message pops up.

also i tried downloading their latest version 7.9.6.0 but still does same thing during exit!

the exception unknown software exception (0x0eedfade) occured in the application at location 0x7c812a5b

followed by another message

runtime error 217 at 035AF57D

anybody know how to fix this

tried running nero on another computer works fine!

only happend with nero burning rom, not with nero express or vision or any other software made by nero!

i already tried using nero's cleaning tool
sugarqfx
Buffer Underrun

Postby SithTracy on Wed May 23, 2007 10:01 am

Same thing happens to me and a friend of mine. We have similar Intel C2D (P965) systems using a mix of IDE and SATA ODD drives using AHCI. That said, I have an AMD based nForce4 system using just IDE drives and Nero performs fine there.... But my preference is to use the Intel system. Provide some details on your rig... there might be something similar.
SithTracy
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Wed May 23, 2007 10:02 am

Uninstall Nero, run the clean tool and then reinstall.

http://www.nero.com/nero7/eng/Clean_Tools.html
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby CCampbell on Wed May 23, 2007 3:55 pm

Our Support team is reporting a number of customers having trouble with the update process using our latest Nero 7.9.6.0, either by going through the Nero ProductSetup option, or installing over an older build manually.

I would recommend that everyone use the Nero Clean Tool to uninstall older builds before downloading and installing our latest Nero 7.9.6.0. Our Engineers are looking into this issue now.

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby sugarqfx on Wed May 23, 2007 6:59 pm

already tried using nero's clean tool to uninstall, but with no success!

i am still having the same problem! its very annoying! to have the an error message pop up!
sugarqfx
Buffer Underrun

Postby SithTracy on Wed May 23, 2007 7:43 pm

No luck with the Nero clean tools here either. Seems to be specific to my Intel system with AHCI enabled (Plextor PX-755SA and Pioneer DVR-212D). Everything works flawlessly on my AMD64 x2 nForce4 and I just tried it on my AMD nForce2 system. Other burning apps work like ImgBurn, CDRWIN (with the Plextor), but Nero is hit or miss. The 7.x releases have been a disappointment to me. I've been patient, but 8.x is coming soon and I feel 7.x was a major let down. Fixes are too few and too far between. I will probably purchase 8.x, but it may be my last.

I mean no disrespect and am thankful that a Nero representative comes to this forum, likely on his own time, and tries to assist. I do hope that things can be identified and corrected in future versions of the Nero suite, but sooner rather than later.
SithTracy
CD-RW Player

Postby sugarqfx on Thu May 24, 2007 7:27 pm

what is AHCI? i am using a benq dvdrw drive dw1640.

i tried emailing tech support but got no answer! am thankful thou that a nero rep has answered my problem!

i am currently using AVS DISC creator, its a freeware program and is great!

i just hope that nero will be able to fix this problem ASAP or i think alot of people will be looking into using another burning software!

i am seriously considering roxio's disc creator suite 9

although i am an avid user of nero!
sugarqfx
Buffer Underrun

Postby SithTracy on Thu May 24, 2007 10:20 pm

SithTracy
CD-RW Player

Postby CCampbell on Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:11 pm

Hi Everyone,

Sorry, I've been away on Vacation for a while, but I've had our OEM Tech Support Manager trying to duplicate this issue, and we have yet to be able to duplicate this on our Intel systems in our lab.

This issue only occurs with Nero Burning ROM? Not with Nero Express or any other program in the Nero 7 Suite?

Nero Burning ROM and Nero Express use the same engine, only different GUI interfaces. And of course NBR has more advanced features that Nero Express does not have. But essentially they are the same engine, so if this is the case, it is a very strange and specific bug.

Can one of you provide me with a report generated by our Nero Info Tool? Either post here, or send to me directly at techsupport4@nero.com so I can see if there is anything unique to your systems that I do not have in our test systems?

Best Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby SithTracy on Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:11 pm

Where does Nero Info Tool dump it's log? I can't even get it to launch...
Attachments
InfoTool_err.PNG
This is the error I get upon launching it
InfoTool_err.PNG (12.55 KiB) Viewed 4359 times
SithTracy
CD-RW Player

Postby CCampbell on Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:33 pm

So it's not Nero Burning ROM after all, but our Nero InfoTool that this issue occurs with? We had not been testing with that utility.

We had a similar issue with this in the past with a Specifi brand of EIDE controller from Promise. This only occured if a CD or DVD Recorder was connected to the Promise card. We were not able to resolve it, as this turned out to be a problem with the Promise card itself, and could never encourage Promise to address it.

Let me go back to our Lab and test this issue with our Nero InfoTool.

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby SithTracy on Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:42 pm

Oh sorry, I had problems with Nero Burning ROM as well, but the latest release seems ok to date... No abrupt crashes with the latest after running the clean tool to remove and then re-installed. NeroInfoTool does not run and I am on running an Asus P5B Deluxe WiFi/AP board and my two SATA drives are on the Intel AHCI/SATA controllers... I have one IDE drive on the Jmicron IDE... that may be the problem and not AHCI on the P965 chipset. Would love to hear if you can resolve this... As I stated, I have another rig running AMD S939 X2 on nForce4 SLI and it works great, just that it is my kids machine now and I don't use it much anymore.
SithTracy
CD-RW Player

Postby SithTracy on Fri Jun 22, 2007 10:15 pm

SithTracy wrote:I have one IDE drive on the Jmicron IDE... that may be the problem and not AHCI on the P965 chipset.
Well, It is not the Jmicron controller. I removed the IDE drive and disabled the Jmicron controller in the BIOS. Also removed Nero and ran the clean tool and reinstalled. No luck at all. Nero Info Tool must not play nice with AHCI on the P965 chipset.

Any luck in the lab researching/correcting this, Craig? No rush.

Thanks
SithTracy
CD-RW Player

Postby LoneWolf on Sat Jul 21, 2007 12:31 am

SithTracy wrote:
SithTracy wrote:I have one IDE drive on the Jmicron IDE... that may be the problem and not AHCI on the P965 chipset.
Well, It is not the Jmicron controller. I removed the IDE drive and disabled the Jmicron controller in the BIOS. Also removed Nero and ran the clean tool and reinstalled. No luck at all. Nero Info Tool must not play nice with AHCI on the P965 chipset.

Any luck in the lab researching/correcting this, Craig? No rush.

Thanks

Doesn't appear like 6.6.1.15a plays nice with AHCI on the 975X chipset either. nForce4 I had no problems at all burning CD's, but switching to an Intel BadAxe 2 mainboard (supposedly the most reliable Core2 mainboard on the market) has resulted in me burning ten coasters in the past several days. The process dies at a random part during the burn; all of a sudden, Nero's buffer just drops from 98% or so to 0% in a matter of a second or two, and the burn fails. I'm going to have to run a free burning program for the time being in the hope that that will do what I need.
Intel Q9450 @3.2GHz, Gigabyte GA EP45-UD3P, 4 x 2GB G.Skill @4-4-4-12
Antec P160SW case (modded), Xigmatek 750w PSU
3x 500GB (RAID-5), , OptiArc 7200S, ASUS E818A3T
Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer, Hauppauge HVR-1800, Radeon 4890
Dell 2407WFP
LoneWolf
CD-RW Player

Postby CCampbell on Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:59 pm

I have a new system arriving within the week for me to test this issue on. We had to order a new system to try and debug this properly. I will be using this system for other issues, so we did not purchase it 'just' for this issue. :-)

I'll keep you posted with my findings.

Regards,

Craig
CCampbell
CD-RW Player

Postby SithTracy on Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:46 am

CCampbell wrote:I have a new system arriving within the week for me to test this issue on.

Looking forward to the results and seeing Nero actually fix this. I have stopped using and removed Nero from my Intel P965 system because it is simply not reliable. Other applications work fine that I have tried since removing Nero (i.e. ONES, CopyToDVD, ImgBurn, Golden Hawk CDRWIN).

Nero is often bad about change logs when a new release comes out. Please post back when you are sure it is resolved.
SithTracy
CD-RW Player

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)