Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Help needed with LiteOn 20A1P

DVD-R/W, DVD+R/RW, DVD-RAM

Help needed with LiteOn 20A1P

Postby minaelromany on Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:48 pm

This is my second LiteOn LH-20A1P drive that I got as a replacement for the first one that had strange problem with reading and writing DVD media.
The second drive started making the same problems immdiately after using LtnRPC utility to set the drive to RPC1 .

I've posted my problem at cdfreaks but nobody there ever experienced such problems and I registered here to seek another help specially that the drive not only refuse to play DVD+R booktybed to DVD-ROM media as before but it now write Panasonic TYG03 media very badly and can't readback the disc burnt with it .

I did everything (cleared OPC , restored EEPROM and cleared HyperTuning and Learnt media completely with EEPROM utility)

Here is what I posted :

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=227694

Here is what the drive used to have with TYG03 media , a bad burn with it and a disc burnt with Benq 1640 and how the drive read the burnt disc now !

minaelromany
Buffer Underrun

Postby Ian on Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:30 pm

The problem is only with discs that you've burned with the drive, right? Blank discs are recognized correctly?

What if you don't set the book type? Are they recognized correctly then?

It almost looks like the booktype is being set to DVD+RW instead of DVD-ROM.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby minaelromany on Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:02 pm

The problem befor affected DVD+R discs booktybed to DVD-ROM burnt with "any" drive and the LiteOn can't sometimes recognize blank DVD+R media , it also reads "some" of them very well .

I then decided to not changeBooktybe for any +R disc and also stick with Panasonic TYG03 which gave my the highest quality and of course DVD-R discs are not booktybe changable .

The problem now started with the TYG03 discs when I was burning a disc @16X and when cd/dvd speed reached 10X it reverted back to 6X and second disc also burnt @6X although 12X was selected .

From this point the drive reads blank TYG03 just fine and also it can burn them but quality is horrible compared to what it used to be and the burnt discs rad fine with any drive EXCEPT the 20A1P :cry:

I need a way to wipe out the whole drive's EEPROM and firmware and write them back from "scratch" if such thing exists
minaelromany
Buffer Underrun

Return to DVD Writers