Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Nero is GARBAGE !!!!!!!!!

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Nero is GARBAGE !!!!!!!!!

Postby BMR on Sat Oct 13, 2007 1:28 pm

I have not posted in a while, and while this may not be the best area to post this in, I must share my thoughts lately about NERO and what I have replaced it with.

For years now, I have steadily updated my dvd writers and along with it, I have kept updating NERO. Nero has now hit 1GB in size in its latest version 8. I have always found that no matter what I do, Nero will at times crash and that lately it is very difficult to get a version running properly with VISTA.

Anyways, I built a new rig, ( quadcore intel, with asus p5k premium motherboard, Pioneer 212D drive and Vista ) and was dutifully again going to install the latest Nero. I just want to do some simple burning, not turn my machine into a Multimedia I can do anything hub. After trying Nero and not being very happy, I started to look for alternatives.

I finally ran across a program called AShampoo Burning Studio 7. The program is 22MB in size and installs quickly with no problems into Vista and into my networked XP machine at work as well.

WOW !!!!!

A simple program that burns cds and dvd's with no effort. I have not had a crash yet, do not have masssive bloatware running and love the ease and simplicity of the interface.

GoodBYE NERO !!!!!!!

BMR
( no I am not connected to Ashampoo in anyway, just want to ask if anyone else has similar missgivings about Nero as well )
This guy's name is "Snoopy". He keeps me company while I am online.
BMR
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Sat Oct 13, 2007 4:05 pm

No, you're not the only one that has commented on the size of Nero or its bugs. It's gotten to a point where Roxio Easy Media Creator, which was once the king of bloat, now looks pretty slim compared to Nero.

I haven't used Ashampoo, but a lot of people like ImgBurn (http://www.imgburn.com/). It's small, does basic burning tasks and best of all, is free.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby lunte on Sun Oct 14, 2007 3:24 pm

I have allso used nero for many years now,but last week I bought this ashampoo burning studio 7.
I relly love this program,It had all the things I have to make a good cd/dvd burning.And not all the unnessery program that Nero offers today.

So allso goodby to nero from me,

lunte
lunte
Buffer Underrun

Ashampoo 7(???)

Postby ricrat on Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:04 am

So how do I get it?? Does it have a "trial" because I'm very happy (and
used to) Nero 7 OEM with my Pioneer 111D.
I guess I should leave well enough alone. Did I answer my own post? :D
ricrat
Buffer Underrun

Re: Ashampoo 7(???)

Postby BMR on Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:20 pm

ricrat wrote:So how do I get it?? Does it have a "trial" because I'm very happy (and
used to) Nero 7 OEM with my Pioneer 111D.
I guess I should leave well enough alone. Did I answer my own post? :D

You are probably like me, in that you have used Nero for a long time and are used to it. However, the size and the number of crashes of Nero was bothering me too much so I tried Ashampoo instead and love it now. The interface is easier than Nero.

You can get it here if you want:

http://www2.ashampoo.com/webcache/html/ ... 1110__.htm

BMR
This guy's name is "Snoopy". He keeps me company while I am online.
BMR
CD-RW Player

Ner is Garbage???

Postby ricrat on Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:44 pm

I like to leave well enough alone. Besides, I just bought a duplicator and
will be using that more than the burner.
ricrat
Buffer Underrun

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)