Home News Reviews Forums Shop

New Knight Rider Series In Development

General discussion. Come introduce yourself. Talk about whataver you want!

Postby SithTracy on Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:17 am

DVR'd it and watched it tonight... Really pushy on the Ford stuff, but I'll never buy one (so I hope they give that up)... I went in with low expectations (of course), but I kinda liked it. Took me back to the 80's and what I liked about the original series. It has potential to be good if Ford can just stop with over promoting their product. I'm a Honda guy... wreck the Ford and replace it with an Acura NSX!!!
SithTracy
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:27 pm

Knight Rider is coming back this fall.

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/ ... /index.htm

NBC on Wednesday announced that Knight Rider will become a weekly series beginning next season.

As part of its plans for the next year, NBC also announced the mini-series XIII, based on the European graphic novel series recently translated into English by Dabel Brothers/Marvel Comics.

The Knight Rider series, spinning out of the Feb. 17 movie starring Justin Bruening, will air on Wednesdays at 8 p.m., with encores airing on Saturdays at 9 p.m. through the fall.

The Knight Rider movie in February scored the highest 18-49 rating for any movie on any network in nearly three years.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby Morpheus on Sat Apr 05, 2008 9:42 pm

Dear God, I was afraid of that. The movie was utter garbage. I was hoping Glen A Larson was going to sink this. He's working on a reboot Knight Rider movie.
Morpheus
CD-RW Player

Postby LoneWolf on Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:00 pm

SithTracy wrote:DVR'd it and watched it tonight... Really pushy on the Ford stuff, but I'll never buy one (so I hope they give that up)... I went in with low expectations (of course), but I kinda liked it. Took me back to the 80's and what I liked about the original series. It has potential to be good if Ford can just stop with over promoting their product. I'm a Honda guy... wreck the Ford and replace it with an Acura NSX!!!

The over-promotion, if anything, is the fault of the studio relying too heavily on advertising dollars to make the show. In this case, choosing to use a sponsor makes the show look cheesy, rather than cool.

I agree on the Mustang thing, though. If they were even going to choose a Ford, they should have gone with the GT; of course, that vehicle's production ceased, so it wouldn't have sold cars. The NSX would have been a great choice too; after owning a gen-2 Integra RS and a gen-3 Integra GS-R, I was an Acura fan up until the time the RSX ceased production.
Intel Q9450 @3.2GHz, Gigabyte GA EP45-UD3P, 4 x 2GB G.Skill @4-4-4-12
Antec P160SW case (modded), Xigmatek 750w PSU
3x 500GB (RAID-5), , OptiArc 7200S, ASUS E818A3T
Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer, Hauppauge HVR-1800, Radeon 4890
Dell 2407WFP
LoneWolf
CD-RW Player

Re: New Knight Rider Series In Development

Postby Ian on Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:17 pm

First episode of the series is online.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/34855/knight- ... ning-armor
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby hoxlund on Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:32 pm

did you guys see the youtube video of someone stealing the new KITT car? hilarious, looks completely legit, the chick driver started the car and drove like 50 feet, forgot to put away the wheel ramps, gets out leaves the car running and some on looker jumps in the car and takes off

can't post a link, im at work, just youtube kitt stolen im sure that will pull up

btw the pilot for the new series was amazing, dled the HD version, but that was also like 5 months ago, when is this show supposed to take off and start airing?
Thermaltake Core X5 Snow Edition TG Case
Corsair RM1000 Power Supply
MSI X399 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
AMD Threadripper 1950x @ 4.1GHz
Custom Loop w/ EK MSI x399 Monoblock
G.Skill 4x8GB DDR4 3200 RGB Memory
MSI 1080Ti Lightning X Video Card
hoxlund
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:43 pm

I think it starts this week. I watched the first episode on Hulu. It's better than the movie they had but they do some lame stuff like having Kitt transform into a truck.
Ian
Grand Poobah

Previous

Return to The Beer Garden