Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Iron Man - Watch it soon, watch it often

General discussion. Come introduce yourself. Talk about whataver you want!

Iron Man - Watch it soon, watch it often

Postby dolphinius_rex on Thu May 01, 2008 11:52 am

I was lucky enough to catch a pre-screening of this last night, and let me say, the movie is INCREDIBLE!!

It's by far my favourite comic book adaption movie now. I'll probably be heading out with friends to see it again on Friday. This movie really doesn't disappoint on any level! If you are or ever were a fan of marvel comics, I HIGHLY recommend you see this movie ASAP.

Really, I cannot say enough how good this movie was. AviationWiz heard my comments only minutes out of the theatre, and I think he may have been scarred for life by my initial attempts to get across the awesomeness.
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby Wesociety on Thu May 01, 2008 12:44 pm

LOL! Glad you liked it. I was at the Tempe Marketplace yesterday afternoon and I saw this big line forming outside of the Harkins Theaters there, so I went over and asked about it. A Harkins' employee told me that it was an Iron Man prescreening and that radio stations, etc, had been giving out the tickets. I couldn't convince him to let me in! I definitely plan on seeing this as soon as I can.
http://WesleyTech.com <- Blu-ray Disc & consumer technology news, opinions & articles
Wesociety
CD-RW Player

Postby SithTracy on Thu May 01, 2008 7:15 pm

I hope I get a chance to see it this weekend, it likely will not happen. Your comments, are making me re-think my weekend plans though.
SithTracy
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Thu May 01, 2008 9:09 pm

Yeah, I told my wife I'd watch the kids tomorrow night so she could go to her friend's house. Now I wish I wouldn't have done that.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby aviationwiz on Fri May 02, 2008 2:34 am

I saw a showing on Thursday night, and damn, that was an AWESOME MOVIE!
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby dolphinius_rex on Fri May 02, 2008 11:52 am

It's true, as soon as Avi got out of the theatre he txt'd me: "THAT WAS AWESOME"

That was my first clue that he had taken my suggestion to go see Iron Man at the 8pm showing on Thursday :P
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby SithTracy on Sat May 03, 2008 12:11 am

I let my daughter have a sleep-over and looked past playing Mario Kart Wii and went solo tonight to see the movie.

A W E S O M E ! ! !

Worked out great... all the girls are asleep and I missed all the fights over the Webkinz and Barbie crap!!! I previously thought Spider-Man 1&2 and Batman Begins were what super hero movies should be modeled after... Well, we have a new measuring stick. Looking forward to the sequel.
SithTracy
CD-RW Player

Postby Grain on Mon May 05, 2008 12:53 pm

I also enjoyed it. I must say that Blu-rau and HD DVD have spoiled my theatrical enjoyment a bit. I have to fight to not sit there and compare the pic quality to home. The big picture is cool, but I must say the pic/sound quality is better at home now.
Hi-Def Format Neutral
Samsung BD-1400, PS3 40GB
Toshiba HD-A2, HD-XA2 & XBox 360 HD DVD
Grain
CD-RW Player

Postby dolphinius_rex on Mon May 05, 2008 3:40 pm

I hope everyone stayed until after the credits to see the most important part of the film :wink:
(not kidding)

dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby SithTracy on Mon May 05, 2008 4:41 pm

dolphinius_rex wrote:I hope everyone stayed until after the credits to see the most important part of the film :wink:
(not kidding)

Not yet, but I will be going back :wink:
SithTracy
CD-RW Player

Postby dolphinius_rex on Mon May 05, 2008 6:32 pm

SithTracy wrote:
dolphinius_rex wrote:I hope everyone stayed until after the credits to see the most important part of the film :wink:
(not kidding)

Not yet, but I will be going back :wink:

Yeah... I'm likely to go see it a third time in theatres, which is REALLY rare for me!!

dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby Wesociety on Tue May 06, 2008 4:40 pm

Saw it this past weekend. Great film.
http://WesleyTech.com <- Blu-ray Disc & consumer technology news, opinions & articles
Wesociety
CD-RW Player

Postby Morpheus on Tue May 06, 2008 8:07 pm

I just saw it today. Same old thing - they killed it for me. TOO MANY changes from the comic book - it could have been much better. I give it a 6 or 7 out of 10. As I was watching the movie, I was thinking, that's wrong, that's wrong, that's a stupid change, etc. The whole bit about the robot arms, I found to be cheap humour and after awhile, I was cringing. I always stay to the end of the end credits, and yet again they used the "Ultimate universe" version instead of the proper Marvel Universe character (another stupid change). I go through this EVERY TIME they make a movie from a comic book. Too many changes and almost all of them very stupid changes which ruin the whole movie. Makes me nuts. :evil:
Morpheus
CD-RW Player

Postby aviationwiz on Thu May 08, 2008 12:26 am

(not kidding)

Heh, yeah, I thought the movie was so great, I decided to stay during the credits just in case, and I was not disappointed.
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby Ian on Thu May 08, 2008 8:49 pm

Wow.. Batman trailer, Indy Trailer, Ironman movie and then at the very end, the bad mofo himself. I need to go see it again.

Jeff Bridges did not look like himself. It took me half the movie to figure out who was playing Stane.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby Wesociety on Fri May 09, 2008 10:10 am

I didn't stay past the credits, but luckily, you can find the scene on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UBg3ePkYYE

If that gets taken down, search for "Iron Man after credits" on http://video.google.com
Wesociety
CD-RW Player

Postby Dartman on Wed May 28, 2008 1:12 am

Just watched it Monday during the holiday with my Step Dad, we both loved it as well. Robert Downy JR does a excellent job and the stories great, has some political commentary kinda and just a great flowing tale with a good sense of humor about itself.
Definitely go see it before it exits all the theaters soon, then get the movie when it's released.
Dartman
CD-RW Player

Return to The Beer Garden