Home News Reviews Forums Shop

editing vob files for clips

Anything else

editing vob files for clips

Postby ramlin on Wed Jun 25, 2008 6:02 am

Hi, It's been some time since I posted here......

I have had a number of old family super 8 films from the 1960's converted onto a DVD by a shop in town. The DVD has the usual structure with vob files etc. The same shop is converting to DVD for me a whole bunch of family videos (the old vhs-c cassettes) that I used 10- 15 years ago.

Next week is my late grandfather's 10th memorial service and I would like to edit clips from the DVD's onto one DVD and show it to the family at the service. My grandparents appear for some 20-30 minutes (in scattered places) in the DVD that has has already been converted and the one will I will receive once the video conversion is finished.

Now the question....how can I edit the parts from those DVD's in order to take clips from them with my grandparents and then burn those clips onto a DVD (with, maybe, transitions in between). Could someone please recommend an intuitive not too complicated software for an "idiot" like me to use that may help me - I tried to use MPEG Video Wizard DVD - and, frankly, I found it quite bewildering...any other suggestions?

Many thanks!
"There was never a time when I did not exist, nor you. Nor will there be any future in which we shall cease to be."
ramlin
CD-RW Thug

Re: editing vob files for clips

Postby redk9258 on Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:16 am

I would give VideoReDoTVSuite a try. It is very simple to use and I think you will get the results you need.
www.videoredo.com
redk9258
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:05 am

Most video editing software will let you import unprotectected VOB's directly. You can copy them off the DVD onto your hard drive and then import them using whatever software.

If you're looking for consumer friendly software, check out Ulead VideoStudio or MovieFactory or Cyberlink PowerProducer. I think both companies have demos on their website so you can try them out.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby CowboySlim on Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:56 pm

redk9258 wrote:I would give VideoReDoTVSuite a try. It is very simple to use and I think you will get the results you need.
http://www.videoredo.com

Roger that, I love VideoReDo.
CowboySlim
CD-RW Player

Return to General Software Questions