Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Nero Introduces Nero Multimedia Suite 10

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Nero Introduces Nero Multimedia Suite 10

Postby Ian on Mon Mar 29, 2010 1:41 pm

Nero has finally announced the successor to Nero 9. Nero Multimedia Suite 10 consists of Nero Vision Xtra, Nero Burning ROM and Nero BackItUp & Burn. The Suite will be available at retail on April 12th for $99.99. Upgrade prices start at $53.99.

http://www.cdrlabs.com/News/nero-introd ... ackup.html
http://www.nero.com/enu/nero10-presale.html

Nero, creators of liquid media technology, today introduced Nero Multimedia Suite 10, providing a fundamental shift from previous offerings of ‘all-in-one’ integrated applications to a new powerful multimedia bundle consisting of three standalone products. The three comprehensive products that make up Nero Multimedia Suite 10 are Nero Vision Xtra, which is dedicated to media organisation, advanced video editing and HD movie creation; Nero Burning ROM for disc burning and copying; and Nero BackItUp & Burn for backing up, synching and restoring data. These three robust products, plus additional multimedia tools, will grant home hobbyists a powerful solution which meets their multimedia project needs, yet provides ease of use, all at a great value.

Home hobbyists who enjoy creating and editing their home videos will greatly benefit from this product bundle. Nero Multimedia Suite 10 offers easy music, photo and video file management, advanced video editing which provides optimised HD performance with SmartEncoding and Blu-ray Disc authoring. Additionally, it delivers superior disc burning, reliable backup technology and multimedia tools to enhance their creativity.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Re: Nero Introduces Nero Multimedia Suite 10

Postby Dartman on Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:20 pm

Sounds like they have paired it down to the 3 features I use most, hopefully it still works well and doesn't fill up the drive and hog resources. Be interesting to see some actual user reviews, 9 didn't seem to be anybodies favorite anymore.
Dartman
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:47 pm

Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby redk9258 on Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:31 pm

I wish like Roxio or Nero would come out with something like they used to have around version 4 or 5 of EZ CD Creator or Nero Burning Rom, but updated to work with modern media / drives and Windows 7 and without all of the extra bloatware and slowness. Back then the programs just worked. Both of these programs try to do so much that they really aren't good at anything other that filling up your harddrive and screwing with media files. Roxio 7 or 8 changed the 'modified date' on all of my media files, photos, etc. once by adding an alternate stream. Thank God I had a back up to recover from. I now make all of my files READ ONLY!
redk9258
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:23 pm

redk9258 wrote:I wish like Roxio or Nero would come out with something like they used to have around version 4 or 5 of EZ CD Creator or Nero Burning Rom, but updated to work with modern media / drives and Windows 7 and without all of the extra bloatware and slowness.

Someone at Nero must be listening because one of my contacts over there let me know that they will be offering standalone versions of Nero Burning Rom, Nero BackItUp & Burn and Nero Vision Extra through their website. No word on price.
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby SithTracy on Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:15 pm

Ian wrote:Someone at Nero must be listening because one of my contacts over there let me know that they will be offering standalone versions of Nero Burning Rom, Nero BackItUp & Burn and Nero Vision Extra through their website. No word on price.

Too little too late for me. Most of us former Nero users have found something else.
SithTracy
CD-RW Player

Postby redk9258 on Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:57 pm

SithTracy wrote:Too little too late for me. Most of us former Nero users have found something else.

What do you use now? Img Burn?
redk9258
CD-RW Player

Postby SithTracy on Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:29 pm

redk9258 wrote:What do you use now? Img Burn?

You know it... Who doesn't?!!?
SithTracy
CD-RW Player

Postby Dartman on Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:39 pm

Yeah, I try to use Image burn more and more myself. There are some things I really like in Nero 7 but most of the simple things Image burn can do just as well and the price is right.
Dartman
CD-RW Player

Postby SithTracy on Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:22 pm

I'll admit, I do use the classic Nero 4 Linux and like it... It does have a few known bugs but none I have run into for my use. Think I got it for 10 bucks... Now, if the classic Nero interface for Windows comes back at that price I don't think I will hesitate to purchase the burning rom product, but since it is for Windows, I suspect it will be around 50 bucks with deals.
SithTracy
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:15 am

Yeah, you figure they want $100 for all three so each one will probably run about $40 when sold separately.
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby Ian on Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:32 pm

Here's the pricing for the individual components:

Nero Vision Extra - $59.99
Nero Burning Rom - $49.99
Nero BackItUp&Burn - $39.99

I gotta say that this is kinda pricey, considering these are electronic downloads and not a retail box. I guess Nero really wants you to buy the suite instead.
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby redk9258 on Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:07 pm

I installed Nero MMS 10 in a Virtual PC environment. It is still kind of bloated at 1.3 GB in the Program Files folder. This was a full install. I think if I install it on my real PC, I will deselect a lot of items. I'm going to play with it in Virtual PC for a while before I install it in my real environment.

Untitled.png
Untitled.png (43.7 KiB) Viewed 23705 times
redk9258
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:00 pm

A got a serial for Nero Multimedia Suite 10 today. I didn't have enough time to really put it through its paces, but I did take a peek at the various pieces and snap some screenshots. First up is Nero Burning Rom.

Nero 10 Main.png
Nero 10 Main.png (58.8 KiB) Viewed 23699 times

As you can see, Nero really hasn't changed much here. It's not til you dig down that you see some new burning options. The DiscSpan option looks especially interesting.

Nero 10 DVD Compilation 2.png
Nero 10 DVD Compilation 2.png (54.66 KiB) Viewed 23699 times

Nero 10 Burn Compilation.png
Nero 10 Burn Compilation.png (49.83 KiB) Viewed 23698 times
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby Ian on Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:05 pm

The other two big pieces are Nero Vision Xtra and BackItUp & Burn. I really like BackItUp's new interface, but again, I haven't used either enough to really give any valid feedback.

Nero BackItUp and Burn.png
Nero BackItUp and Burn.png (100.71 KiB) Viewed 23697 times

Nero Vision Xtra.png
Nero Vision Xtra.png (80.18 KiB) Viewed 23695 times
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby Ian on Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:10 pm

A few more random screenshots...

Nero SmartStart.png
Nero SmartStart.png (118.19 KiB) Viewed 23690 times

Nero Recode.png
Nero Recode.png (76.52 KiB) Viewed 23691 times

Look.. there are already two updates available!

Nero ControlCenter.png
Nero ControlCenter.png (63.94 KiB) Viewed 23689 times
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby Ian on Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:14 pm

redk9258 wrote:I installed Nero MMS 10 in a Virtual PC environment. It is still kind of bloated at 1.3 GB in the Program Files folder.

It's kinda funny how a 300MB download turns into 1.3GB worth of stuff.
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby Ian on Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:43 am

A few more notes about the new Nero Burning Rom:

- DiscSpan works with any media. You can start with a CD, then insert a DVD, then a DVD-RAM, then a BD disc, and go back to CD if you want.

- SecurDisc works with any drive now. You don't need a special LG drive to use this feature now. Even if you don't use the encryption that SecurDisc offers, the extra redundancy is a great way to ensure your data is protected.

- You can now change the disc type without having to start a new session. For example, if you're burning a data CD and realize you need to burn a DVD instead, you can now use the drop down to select DVD.
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby Ian on Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:57 pm

I got my retail box today. I think the FedEx man sat on it.

Nero 10 Box.jpg
Nero 10 Box.jpg (40.16 KiB) Viewed 23627 times
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby Dartman on Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:36 pm

I loaded mine today as well. Took a while to install and has a ton of stuff but so far it's similar to what I'm used to, though it seems maybe they finally added a movie only mode in recode that's already been handy that I didn't see in 7.
Loads a bit slow but so far everything seems to work with the occasional glitch that doesn't seem to mean it wont work at all.
The backup options you mentioned seem pretty cool as well though I just loaded mine too and haven't tried everything either but is definitely a very complete package to do just about anything with A/V stuff or disks.
I guess we'll have to play around with it some and see how it does :)
Dartman
CD-RW Player

Postby Born2Burn on Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:13 pm

redk9258 wrote:I wish like Roxio or Nero would come out with something like they used to have around version 4 or 5 of EZ CD Creator or Nero Burning Rom, but updated to work with modern media / drives and Windows 7 and without all of the extra bloatware and slowness. Back then the programs just worked. Both of these programs try to do so much that they really aren't good at anything other that filling up your harddrive and screwing with media files. Roxio 7 or 8 changed the 'modified date' on all of my media files, photos, etc. once by adding an alternate stream. Thank God I had a back up to recover from. I now make all of my files READ ONLY!

I agree with you Red,

I remember when I could take Nero 4's EX CD Creator wizard and have a complete project done in a short amount of time with exceptional performance. I feel like the more we go on, the more clunk is added. I feel sometimes like they are developing their software for people who are trying to run replication businesses out of their home or something. One thing I was wondering is if dvd burning software would improve the performance of my home studio, because I have so much planning and distribution to do.
Last edited by Born2Burn on Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Burn Baby Burn Baby Burn Baby Burn
Born2Burn
Buffer Underrun

Postby Dartman on Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:26 pm

Well they claim they pared down the size of the install files and streamlined things so it's more stable and less bloated then before as everyone was complaining about that.
Seems to work pretty well with win7 either flavor and still does all the extras I've gotten used to. Haven't bothered to upgrade to the HD part and I use a few things to do what I need to do but as far as a quick disk copy or recode of a DVD that works it's my favorite still.
Dartman
CD-RW Player

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)