Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Happy Thanksgiving...

General discussion. Come introduce yourself. Talk about whataver you want!

Happy Thanksgiving...

Postby redk9258 on Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:03 pm

Happy Thanksgiving to those celebrating. Others, just have a nice day!
redk9258
CD-RW Player

Re: Happy Thanksgiving...

Postby Ian on Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:27 pm

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I've had my second dinner and now I'm ready to do some Black Friday shopping.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby Shaman on Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:02 pm

Allow me to add my best wishes for a Happy Thanksgiving holiday. One of the things I am giving thanks for is Ian and this website.
Best,
Richard
Shaman
CD-RW Thug

Postby Ian on Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:18 pm

Went to Toys R Us and Walmart last night. Talk about insanity. The hardest thing to get? Kids pajamas. Yes, pajamas.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby Dartman on Fri Nov 26, 2010 3:00 pm

Went to Office Depot around 8 this morning and picked up a fancy new APC 1500VA UPS for 100 and a 2tb external seagate for 85. Not stupid price but great none the less and I got to sleep in a bit. Fry's had a 2tb, same drive, for 68, but they are a 40 mile round trip and I wasn't driving out there to find out they just sold their last one.
Dinner last night was great, 2 different turkeys, one oven baked, one Barbecued and smoked, taters, corn, sparkiling water and some red wine, 4 different kinds of pies, 3 apple and 1 pumpkin style.
Ate, sat around and talked, and ordered a PPV movie of the Expendables, a good day and the movies was pretty good too for what it was.
Luckily it ended up I didn't have to work this morning and same for most of the family except poor sister who lives here with me :(
Dartman
CD-RW Player

Postby redk9258 on Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:02 am

I have a similar APC UPS (older version without display) that I bought for $100 - $50 rebate = $50! It will run my 27" TV, DVR, and stereo for about 45 minutes! Usually the power comes back on by then. I should buy the one that is on sale now. When my batteries go bad, it'll be expensive to replace them.
redk9258
CD-RW Player

Postby Dartman on Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:18 am

It's a nice unit but it certainly isn't a a smart UPS like some of the older ones I have that finally ate their batteries.
It is boost and buck and all that but it doesn't do a true sine-wave AC wave form so it's a much cheaper version.
I have a OLD smart 1400 UPS and a nice Powerware 5115 that is the same idea in their version and both were true line interactive true sine-wave machine but like you said new batteries are spendy and I can buy these guys brand new for what just replacement batteries cost me for the others.
The other one I have is probably just like the one you mentioned and I too got it on a closeout deal with a 50 buck rebate. I think I paid 78 out the door then the rebate showed up some time later for about 30 bucks final cost.
So I figured 100 for a much better one, plus my other ones batteries are still good so now I have two pretty capable backups again and I can watch for a deal on good batteries someday for my older pro model ones.
If you truly need one I'd head out tomorrow and see if any are left as I doubt most hardcore bargain hunters are willing to go 100 on one of these.
Dartman
CD-RW Player

Return to The Beer Garden