Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Need Help With Nero Wave Editor

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Need Help With Nero Wave Editor

Postby sdculp on Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:02 pm

Windows XP Home, Sp. 3 Nero Wave Editor 10

I am trying to create a multi-track CD. I have done this successfully many times in the past (2 or 3 years ago). But what happens now is that I end up with only one track. Here is my procedure:

Open the starting wav file. Then copy/paste the next file at the end of the first file, leaving a small space. At the beginning of the first file, in the empty space I place the cursor and then Edit/Insert Track Split. The Track 1 indicator then shows up. I repeat this action in between the two files and the Track 2 indicator shows up. Then click “Save” and “Close”.

If I now reopen the file the track indicators do not show up. I don’t remember if they did before or not, but I think they should. How else would one know what had been added to the file??

The I go to the Nero Multimedia Suite 10, select Audio Burning and then add the file just created. The CD burns successfully.

If I open the newly created CD in RealPlayer only one track shows up. If I look at the contents of the CD in Windows Explorer, only one track is there. If I look at previously created CDs all the tracks show in both RealPlayer and Windows Explorer.

I’m obviously overlooking to do something, but can’t remember what. Can you help me?
sdculp
Buffer Underrun

Re: Need Help With Nero Wave Editor

Postby SithTracy on Mon Feb 04, 2013 12:59 pm

Download and try Audacity (free) and check some of the online tutorials and try to break up your WAV files with that. I have not looked at Nero in years. Only assistance I can provide is that.
SithTracy
CD-RW Player

Postby sdculp on Mon Feb 04, 2013 1:10 pm

Thanks for the info. I have Audacity but have never used it. I"m familiar with Wave Editor and have always had good results with it, but for some reason this latest problem is bugging me.
sdculp
Buffer Underrun

Postby sdculp on Tue Feb 05, 2013 8:27 am

Just discovered what I was not doing. Should save the tracks as files and then burn the files to the CD. Just missed a step.

Thanks again.
sdculp
Buffer Underrun

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)