Home News Reviews Forums Shop

LG 32X and "Writing Leadout Track" freeze

SlySoft, Alcohol, VSO Software, NTI, etc.

LG 32X and "Writing Leadout Track" freeze

Postby MrEno on Thu Jan 01, 1970 2:28 am

Just bought that new 32X from LG which works great with all burning programs except for CDRWin 3.9A which freezes at the end of the session when the "Writing eadout Track" message appears and stays there forever!

"Write" pilot lamp stops flashing. Tried at different speeds and same results. My previous Teac 16X always worked fine and still does.

Any clue anyone please???

Thanks for any incoming feedback.
MrEno
Buffer Underrun

Postby scanner118 on Thu Jan 01, 1970 4:21 am

I too have the same problem with my new LG GCE-8320B and CDRwin 3.9A.

I have tried it in my WinXP Pro machine and my Win2k machine and its the same in both.

Is there any solution to this or do we just have to wait for a new release from Goldenhawk?
scanner118
Buffer Underrun

Postby lox on Thu Jan 01, 1970 4:51 am

i also just bought an Lg gce 8400b 40x and i have he same issues with the lead out track.

my guess is that its too new for the cdrw proggy...

it is supposedly supported by ver 3.9a

as for the other LG burners listed in this thread maybe you should check goldenhawks site.

i sent an email to goldenhawk

ill paste the reply here when i get it!
lox
Buffer Underrun

Postby lox on Thu Jan 01, 1970 4:51 am

ok heres that email i promised

it was nice of them to reply so quickly

so heres the verdict (pasted as is from email)

<<That is a known problem with all newer LG drives and we are working on having the problem fixed in the next release due out in the next week or 2

John>>

fingers crossed
lox
Buffer Underrun

Postby MrEno on Thu Jan 01, 1970 4:53 am

Hey thanks John for letting us know your results, let's just hope that GoldenHawck does it's homework by the time they say.

Though it's quite a shame that they say they knew this problem since that long and just decided to look it up after your email or maybe a lot of emails!

Regards,
Mike
MrEno
Buffer Underrun

firebuner will work with LG

Postby lox on Thu Jan 01, 1970 4:56 am

Perhaps your right mike!

I did however find that fireburner works without any probs at all!

all the best LG ppl

Lox 8)
lox
Buffer Underrun

CDRWIN 3.9B Still freezes leadout track write

Postby Gadasius on Sat Nov 09, 2002 1:00 pm

:(

Hello everyone... CDRWin 3.9B is out, but it´s the same... My GCE-8400B keeps on freezing up while writing the leadout... I´m using Win 98 SE and it´s up to date, ASPI drivers installed correctly... Did the people at golden hawk forgot about us, the LG users?

Thanks
Gadasius
Buffer Underrun

Perhaps new firmware would do the trick...

Postby Gadasius on Sat Nov 16, 2002 7:56 pm

:roll:

I was thinking of it... There´s new firmware for the LG-GCE-8400B. The versions are 1.03 and 1.04. Maybe they correct something in the burner, but I don´t know, because there´s no information on what they change or improve...

My CDRW´s got only two months in use, and I don´t want to flash it until it becomes strictly necessary...

This is a clueless situation...
Gadasius
Buffer Underrun

Forget about CDRWIN!!!

Postby MrEno on Sun Nov 17, 2002 5:38 pm

After a couple of weeks trying to get more infos about CDRWIN and being unsuccessful, I decided that I would invest my money on NERO after trying the v5.5.9.8

It works beautifully with everything (MP3, VCD, SVCD, Audio, etc...) and it also burns BIN/CUE file without problem. Not many people know that Nero does bin/cue because this mode is almost hidden under the FILE - BURN IMAGE menu. You can burn the nero mode, ISO and bin/cue.

And by the way lox, be careful with FireBurner, not that it's bad, it works great but there seems to be a bug when you burn an SVCD movie that has multiple chapters; it won't want to burn it by giving an error message about the cue file or it will burn but wont work properly.

Thanks to all of you for your replies that I read since Dec. 31, 1969 as my first posting is indicated!!!!! hehe

Regards,
Mike
MrEno
Buffer Underrun

Return to Other CD, DVD and Blu-ray Burning Software