Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Should I have more than one burning application installed?

Anything else

Should I have more than one burning application installed?

Postby Doctor Maustus on Thu Jan 01, 1970 5:28 am

I've heard that I shouldn't have more than one burning software application installed at the same time. Is this a myth like Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and the female orgasm?

I currently have both Nero and CloneCD installed. I'm waiting for the sky to fall.

Just wondering...
Doctor Maustus
Buffer Underrun

Postby Inertia on Thu Jan 01, 1970 5:28 am

Years ago this warning may have had some validity, but it is no longer a concern. Multiple burning programs can be installed without problems.

What you shouldn't do is install more than one packet writing program at a time. Most packet writing programs are imbedded in the operating system at system start-up to allow drag & drop operation from Explorer. If you try to install extra (imbedded) packet writing programs at the same time their drivers will all be active and you will have problems and conflicts.

So, if you want to use packet writing, choose DirectCD or InCD, etc., but not both. :wink:
Inertia
CD-RW Player

Re: Should I have more than one burning application installe

Postby dbeko on Thu Jan 01, 1970 6:01 am

Doctor Maustus wrote:I've heard that I shouldn't have more than one burning software application installed at the same time. Is this a myth like Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and the female orgasm?

I have

Nero
CDRWin
CD-Mate
NTI-CDMaker Deluxe
Fireburner
CloneCD
and BlindWrite Suite

all installed on my Win2K box. Every program behaves itself just fine. ;-)
dbeko
Buffer Underrun

Return to General Software Questions