Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Nero Overburn Help

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Nero Overburn Help

Postby HockyStr99 on Fri Nov 08, 2002 1:57 pm

I cannot overburn.

To start i have a pack of 50 90min or 817MB CDR, I also have files ranging in sizes from 710 - 797 MB and would like to burn them using Nero v 5.5.9.17.

Okay so I have to overburn, I know, here Is what I did.
1) Check if my recorder can overburn, yes it can
2) Under Preferences in General change my Red Marker to 90 mins, and under Expert features check overburn and set that to 90 mins
3) Go to File -> Compilation Info where I made it no mulitsession, and changed it to Disc-At-Once, and checked the finalize option.
4) Added my file to the compilation yada, yada, yada.
5) Attempted to write the cd at 32X
6) There is not enough space to burn compilation on this medium, please insert...

BOOOOOOOOOOO

Ok does anyone know how to help??? Any comments will be greatly appreciated.
HockyStr99
Buffer Underrun

Re: Nero Overburn Help

Postby dbeko on Fri Nov 08, 2002 8:14 pm

HockyStr99 wrote:I cannot overburn. Ok does anyone know how to help??? Any comments will be greatly appreciated.

To be honest, for me it's been hit or miss. I have a Polaroid 24x on my wife's computer running Nero 5.5.9.14 and I have a TDK Velocd 24x running Nero 5.5.8.0 on my box. Both can overburn but Nero's willingness to allow it seems to depend on the time of day and how sunny it is outside. :-) Sometimes I get the overburn prompt and most times I don't. I've checked the configuration as well and nothing's been changed from session to session.
dbeko
Buffer Underrun

Postby Ian on Fri Nov 08, 2002 9:27 pm

One thing you didn't tell us was what drive you had.

This really isn't worthy of a poll either.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby HockyStr99 on Sat Nov 09, 2002 12:47 am

I got it to work the wizard was screwing it up
HockyStr99
Buffer Underrun

Postby Inertia on Sat Nov 09, 2002 2:33 am

This question comes up so often that I have an answer prepared. :D

An 800 MB (90 minute) disc is a nonstandard length. Any disc over 700 MB (80 minutes) must use Nero overburn settings to allow it to be burned. Use the following settings:

1. Don't use the Nero Wizard. It will not allow overburning as it defaults to Track-At-Once. If it is active, close it.

2. Multisession | No Multisession must be checked

3. ISO | Check Mode 1 and Joliet

4. Burn | Check Write and Finalize CD (No further writing possible). Write method must be Disk-At-Once.

5. In the main menu, File | Preferences | Expert Settings check "Enable overburn disk-at-once burning". If you are using a 800 MB data disc, you can set the Maximum CD length to 90 minutes 0 seconds 0 frm. Hit Apply, then OK. If you are using a 650 or 700 MB data disc, use the overburn capacity test in Nero CD Speed to estimate the maximum overburn capacity.

6. The Red and Yellow marker settings in File | Preferences | General Settings have no effect on burning or overburning. They are there just as a visual aid.

These settings should allow you to attempt an overburn if your recorder and the media support it. ;)
Inertia
CD-RW Player

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)