Home News Reviews Forums Shop

In CD 3.51.61 has problems with W2K yet

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

In CD 3.51.61 has problems with W2K yet

Postby Alejandra on Wed Nov 20, 2002 3:10 pm

I installed In CD 3.51.61 in Win98, I like it because now you can use the drive's eject button so I desinstalled DCD on Win2K and install InCD, but here I can't use the drive's eject button, also sometimes when I eject CD the PC reboots without even a BSOD, So I decide to get back DCD on Win2K :(
Ciao,
macgirl.

Tired of hackintoshes and went with the real deal.
Alejandra
CD-RW Player

Postby KCK on Wed Nov 20, 2002 3:50 pm

The InCD manual states on p. 43:

"Future versions of InCD will allow the recorder's eject button to be used."

Why do you think this support has been included in the latest version?

Well, I know that few people read documentations nowadays, and maybe that's why software companies don't update their documentations...
KCK
CD-RW Player

Postby cfitz on Wed Nov 20, 2002 3:59 pm

KCK wrote:Well, I know that few people read documentations nowadays, and maybe that's why software companies don't update their documentations...

Or else companies don't update their documentation, and that's why few people bother to read it nowadays. :wink:

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Postby Alejandra on Wed Nov 20, 2002 4:05 pm

KCK wrote:The InCD manual states on p. 43:

"Future versions of InCD will allow the recorder's eject button to be used."

Why do you think this support has been included in the latest version?

Because it work, at least with W98.

KCK wrote:Well, I know that few people read documentations nowadays, and maybe that's why software companies don't update their documentations...

Why they support with one version of Windows and not with other?

Anyway, they don't support the use of CDR media yet.
Ciao,
macgirl.

Alejandra
CD-RW Player

Postby KCK on Wed Nov 20, 2002 7:41 pm

If Alejandra told us that Ahead's support for the eject button has finally arrived, we would know that it may now be used safely (according to Ahead).

Right now anybody using the eject button should be warned that this is against Ahead's recommendations, and may destroy their discs. Apparently for the eject button feature to work, one would need a proper combination of OS, InCD and burner firmware.

It may _seem_ to work on Win98 with a particular burner, but if InCD doesn't finish properly, data will be lost (possibly later because some structural information is corrupted).
KCK
CD-RW Player

Postby Alejandra on Thu Nov 21, 2002 5:49 pm

KCK wrote:If Alejandra told us that Ahead's support for the eject button has finally arrived, we would know that it may now be used safely (according to Ahead).

I never said that is safe.

I just noticed that InCD 3.51.61 the eject button now makes the disk came out, with older versions don't.

When you press the eject button the disc not come inmediatly, you can hear the drive is working and some seconds later the disc is ejected. With older version no matter how many times you push the eject button the disc never came out.

With DCD when you press the eject button a message window appears anouncing the eject procedure but if the drive is still working the disc don't come out, just when all writing tasks are done. I hope Ahead will do the same in later versions.
Ciao,
macgirl.

Alejandra
CD-RW Player

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)