Home News Reviews Forums Shop

HELP ME PLEASE

Burn baby burn!

HELP ME PLEASE

Postby streetmike on Mon Dec 09, 2002 11:55 am

i have tried many a times to fix my cd-rw drive somethings have been helpful some things haven't.
i have an LG GCE-8160B CD-RW drive it does not read any kind of cds always tells me the "Drive is not read" and says in the device manager it is installed but when the computer is restarted it recognizes it as a CD-ROM dive.
i have tried all the firmware updates and driver updates recommended. i have clean installed my whole computer to fix it and it still doesn't work.I am running Windows 98 with adaptec ecdc 4.03c_s12 and direct cd 3.03c_s12.
i have already tried the LG help service the didnt seem to want to help me much.it now says there is no supported cd-rw drive

i will appreaciate help in any way shape or form
Thanks
"Come On Down And See The Idiot Right Here"
streetmike
Buffer Underrun

Postby craiger on Mon Dec 09, 2002 12:58 pm

Ed CD Creator 5.1 is out. Do you have the jumpers set right? Master and Slave ect.
craiger

i wouldnt know

Postby streetmike on Mon Dec 09, 2002 1:06 pm

if someone could give me an word for word exact installation process i would be much obliged and maybe i could finally get the problem solved
"Come On Down And See The Idiot Right Here"
streetmike
Buffer Underrun

Re: i wouldnt know

Postby BuddhaTB on Mon Dec 09, 2002 2:20 pm

streetmike wrote:if someone could give me an word for word exact installation process i would be much obliged and maybe i could finally get the problem solved

http://www.techtv.com/screensavers/answ ... 83,00.html
BuddhaTB
CD-RW Player

Return to CD-R/CD-RW Drives