Home News Reviews Forums Shop

LG GCE8320B - ROXIO THAT CAME WITH DRIVE DON'T WORk

Easy Media Creator, Toast, RecordNow, MyDVD, WinOnCD, DLA, etc.

LG GCE8320B - ROXIO THAT CAME WITH DRIVE DON'T WORk

Postby chronicice on Thu Jan 01, 1970 4:18 am

I also run windows xp pro retail, roxio 5.0 that came with the drive says that its not support and it gives me errors when i even open the program! I tried upgrading and it still didnt work (5.1). To make matters worse, when I use nero I can only choose 32x, 16x... down to 8x, my cds i purchased a while ago only support up to 4x burn, how can i lower the burn speeds on nero?
I have an lg gce 8320B
chronicice
Buffer Underrun

Re: LG GCE8320B - ROXIO THAT CAME WITH DRIVE DON'T WORk

Postby EdT on Sun Dec 29, 2002 2:57 am

You need to install the update patch at Roxio's site so your current version can reconiize newer and current drives.

chronicice wrote:I also run windows xp pro retail, roxio 5.0 that came with the drive says that its not support and it gives me errors when i even open the program! I tried upgrading and it still didnt work (5.1). To make matters worse, when I use nero I can only choose 32x, 16x... down to 8x, my cds i purchased a while ago only support up to 4x burn, how can i lower the burn speeds on nero?
I have an lg gce 8320B
EdT
Buffer Underrun

Postby Ian on Sun Dec 29, 2002 2:10 pm

Are you getting that message where it says something like "engine will not initialize" when you start it up? Try uninstalling it and reinstalling it.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby Inertia on Sun Dec 29, 2002 4:35 pm

chronicice,

Oddly enough, your lg gce 8320B is not shown on the Roxio list of supported recorders. This shouldn't be a problem, however, because OEM packaged versions of the software should recognize the drive. The operative word is should, because I think that the OEM (LG) is responsible for seeing that the software is modified to work properly with their drives.

I would try this:
Download the two latest updates from Easy CD Creator 5.x.x Software Updates. This will give you the v5.3.2 update and the latest drives update for that version.

Uninstall the EZCD 5.0 and start over. Reinstall the original version, but don't reboot. Install the v5.3.2 update but don't reboot. Install the latest drives update, and then reboot.

If good fortune is with you, it may then work. :)
Inertia
CD-RW Player

Postby EdT on Sun Dec 29, 2002 8:32 pm

I'am still using the Basic EZCD and DirectCD 5.1 that came with my LG 24X10X40 drive, but when I upgraded to Lite-On 48X12X48 drive it would not reconize my new drive, having still several dozens on cdroms opened in DirectCD, I was not happy to switch over to Nero's InCD, so all I did was download the update patch from Roxio and my new drive was instanly reconized !
EdT
Buffer Underrun

Postby Inertia on Sun Dec 29, 2002 10:47 pm

chronicice,

Since you are using the Basic version of EZCD Creator 5, you should only dowload the version 5.3.2 update for that program. The drives update mentioned in my earlier post are for the Platinum version.

Follow the same basic instructions: Uninstall first, then reinstall but don't reboot. Install the v5.3.2 update and then reboot. :)
Inertia
CD-RW Player

Return to Sonic Solutions and Roxio