Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Yamaha 3200 crashes while writing to CD-RW, is info. lost??

Burn baby burn!

Yamaha 3200 crashes while writing to CD-RW, is info. lost??

Postby had1 on Thu Jan 09, 2003 9:56 pm

My Yamaha 3200 locked-up and crashed while writing to a CD-RW disc. I had already put many precious photos of family & friends on there before it crashed. Now I get an error message saying something about needing Mt. Ranier to read. I also have a Liteon 48128W but it gets the same error. My question, are the pics lost forever or can I send the disc to one of these "Hard Drive Disc Recovery" companies and restore the info? I will pay good money to recover the pics!!! Help!! :cry: :cry: :cry:
Thanks!!
had1
Buffer Underrun

Postby cfitz on Fri Jan 10, 2003 12:30 am

You might find some useful information here:

http://www.cdrlabs.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=8434

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Postby KCK on Fri Jan 10, 2003 1:40 am

had1:

You should provide detailed information about your system. Which version of Windows are you running? Do you also have a CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive in addition to your Yamaha and Lite-On burners? Do you have EasyCD Creator, DirectCD, InCD or Nero installed? If yes, tell us their version numbers. Does your Yamaha 3200 support Mt. Rainier? (If you have a recent version of Nero, you may check via Start| Programs| Ahead Nero| Nero Toolkit| Nero InfoTool.)

Did you use InCD to format your disc? If yes, did you use the "Format disc to CD-MRW" option in InCD Property Sheet| InCD Page Settings?

At this stage, I can only guess that your disc was formatted by InCD, and not necessarily with the CD-MRW option.

When you say "I get an error message", does it mean that when you insert the disc into one of your burners, Internet Explorer comes up with the Mt. Rainier message? Do you remember any details from the message, such as mentioning Ahead's web site?

Anyway, I would advise you to refrain from inserting your disc into any burners at this stage. For instance, if your disc was formatted to CD-MRW (Mt. Rainier), your burner could attempt to correct the format now, with the risk of messing it up.
KCK
CD-RW Player

Postby had1 on Sat Jan 11, 2003 12:56 am

Thanks to both of you!! I downloaded the trial version from Arrowkey and it found all 112 files, so I purchased online the full version, but the files were too messed-up to correct. So I've contacted Arrowkey tech support and they are working through the problems with me. I e-mailed them a couple of files and all the sectors hoping that I won't have to send the disc to them. They have been extremely helpful so far! I'll let you know the outcome next week. Thanks again!!
had1
had1
Buffer Underrun

Return to CD-R/CD-RW Drives