Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Caddy Keeps Popping Out

Burn baby burn!

Caddy Keeps Popping Out

Postby transpower on Sun Jan 19, 2003 5:11 pm

OK, here's a weird problem. I replaced my Plextor PlexWriter RW 4/2/20 (external SCSI) with a brand new Yamaha CRW-F1ZSX, 44/24/44 (external SCSI). The Yamaha worked fine for two weeks on my Windows XP system, but now....the caddy won't stay in, whether there is a CD in it or not. (Of course, I've powered down, rebooted, checked termination, etc.--no difference. XP's Device Manager keeps assuring me that the device is working properly. The SCSI BIOS sees it OK.) The manual says that if all submitted CD's are ejected (not accepted), then take the drive back to the seller. Well, it's Sunday and I would like to know if there are any drive diagnostic programs which can fix or at least explain this problem today.

Regards,
Ronald W. Satz
transpower@aol.com
transpower
Buffer Underrun

Postby dhc014 on Sun Jan 19, 2003 5:57 pm

If "The manual says that if all submitted CD's are ejected (not accepted), then take the drive back to the seller." then do that.
dhc014
CD-RW Player

sounds like a hardware error

Postby UALOneKPlus on Sun Jan 19, 2003 6:08 pm

My friend's crappy 4 year old PC has the same problem. The OEM cd drive has decided it's going to stick its tongue (platter) out at him no matter what.

I'm going to help my friend rip that beat up CD-ROM out, and replace it with a CD-RW...
UALOneKPlus
CD-RW Player

Return to CD-R/CD-RW Drives