Home News Reviews Forums Shop

How do you organize your data on your HD for easy access ?

Anything else

How do you organize your data on your HD for easy access ?

Postby imtim83 on Sat Jan 25, 2003 5:59 pm

Like do you make 26 folders A to Z and when you are looking for a jpg picture or a game demo you can find it easily, etc?
Any help appreicated
Please Reply
Thanks
imtim83
CD-RW Player

Postby glock20rocks on Sat Jan 25, 2003 7:07 pm

Considering I've got 5 60 GB hard drives that are almost full, finding stuff can be a pain. I've got the folders grouped by catagory (Applications, Games, Movies,Pictures, etc) and then within each folder I have sub-folder further refining the catagory (CD-R Tools, Action Movies, Shark Pictures, etc).

I only have 3 visible windows partitons (3 drives are on a RAID). On of them is my boot, which ONLY has Windows and programs on it. Data goes on the other drives. I format/reinstall frequently (I'm in the middle of it, actually) and having everything on seperate partitions helps.
glock20rocks

Postby vbl117 on Sun Jan 26, 2003 7:34 am

A 20 G0 7200 TPM SEAGATE HARD DRIVE ( 18.6GO real capacity )
Two partitions . 5 GO for win XP PRO and programs which do not want to install on the second partition ( few are on this case . 13.6 go for data and most programs . It ll not be anymore a pain if i need to reinstall win XP PRO . For folders all data is in the same folder which is shared
When i need to identify quickly some data i create a subfolder . You understand i am not an example for folders ( i am a lot disorganized ) .
vbl117
CD-RW Player

Postby UALOneKPlus on Tue Jan 28, 2003 12:30 am

5 60 GB hard drives that are almost full??? :o :o :o

Wow, I've never met anyone with THAT much data. Are you running a web server? 8)

glock20rocks wrote:Considering I've got 5 60 GB hard drives that are almost full, finding stuff can be a pain. I've got the folders grouped by catagory (Applications, Games, Movies,Pictures, etc) and then within each folder I have sub-folder further refining the catagory (CD-R Tools, Action Movies, Shark Pictures, etc).

I only have 3 visible windows partitons (3 drives are on a RAID). On of them is my boot, which ONLY has Windows and programs on it. Data goes on the other drives. I format/reinstall frequently (I'm in the middle of it, actually) and having everything on seperate partitions helps.
UALOneKPlus
CD-RW Player

Return to General Software Questions