Home News Reviews Forums Shop

FIRMWARE UPGRADE KILLED MY DVD AND VIRTUAL CD DRIVES :///

Burn baby burn!

FIRMWARE UPGRADE KILLED MY DVD AND VIRTUAL CD DRIVES :///

Postby cos on Thu Feb 06, 2003 7:23 pm

hi,

i made an firmware upgrade of my LG GCE 8481B drive to version 1.02.
the cd rw driver still be detected after the reboot of the machine. but my 2 other cd drives are desactivated ! i find the other drives in my hardware profiles but they are desactivated and windows can't detect them anymore ! :/
the 2 other drives are an LG DVDROM DRD 8160B and a virtual drive installed with clonecd.
i tried to launch an application (eac) using another driver ( ASAPI DRIVER) and this one detects the 3 drives without problem)
what can i do ?
i can't use my other drives now into windows ...
when i try to activate the other drives in windows it tells me i can't make it.
did someone else got the same problem ?
what can i do to fix that?
i supose you can imagine that i'm really...disapointed. :/
maybe a link to latest aspi drivers for xp or the old version of my firmware could help me so please if you have that help me.

already thx
cos :o
cos
Buffer Underrun

Postby dhc014 on Fri Feb 07, 2003 1:15 am

How the heck do you "kill" a virtual drive?!
dhc014
CD-RW Player

Postby vbl117 on Fri Feb 07, 2003 6:18 am

Not clear . I think u ve successfully upgraded your CD/RW Firmware ( and that u ve not killed anything ).
But i think there is a problem between the OS and your DVD-ROM drives and your virtual cd drive ( perhaps your CD/RW letter has changed after reboot or some stupid thing like this ) . Check this . If i were you i would uninstall the virtual cd and , if you have win xp , uninstall the DVD-ROM in peripherals lists and uninstall the IDE controller in which it is installed . At reboot all should be redetected and work fine ( if it is , don't forget put DVD-ROM drive in DMA mode ) .
I have XP and EAC . EAC only works with "NT/XP" mode ( else it doesn't detects my DVD-ROM drive ) , so i have configured it like this . But often when i fail in a task with my, DVD-ROM or when something happens to my DVD-ROM , EAC reconfigures itself in "95/98" aspi drivers mode .
vbl117
CD-RW Player

it's ok ! ;)

Postby cos on Fri Feb 07, 2003 9:36 am

i tried to uninstall the devices and windows redetected them without problem.
un grand merci vbl117 :)
and thx to dhc014 too of course ;)
cos
Buffer Underrun

Return to CD-R/CD-RW Drives