Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Anyone having trouble with MultiMediaMasters&Machinery m

Burn baby burn!

Anyone having trouble with MultiMediaMasters&Machinery m

Postby HazMat on Tue Feb 11, 2003 7:22 pm

I have a batch of these disks (labeled EMTEC 16x), and today one of them failed on me. My burner (ASUS CRW4816A) allows me to burn these disks at 32x but I never burned them above 24x (most of them were burned at 8x on a Teac 8x8x32x burner, and on my ASUS I usually burn them at their rated speed - that's 16x). I burned two of them today at 24x, the first was perfect (Disk Quality Check reported 0 errors) but with the second one I noticed a sharp drop in writing speed after 70% - the burning continued at very low speed until the end, but the disk failed at Data Verification. I tried to run a Disk Quality Check with CDSpeed, and the test shows hundred of thousands errors at minutes 10-24 and cannot read past the 24th minute (read speed drops to nearly zero). On the "label-side" of the disk I can notice some strange patterns, like a smearing of the recording dye or something like that. On the recording side nothing looks suspicious. The questions I have: #1 should I consider this a media-related problem or a burner-related one, and #2 has anyone experienced problems with MultiMediaMasters&Machinery CD-R media?
Thanks in advance.
HazMat
Buffer Underrun

Postby GrrRon on Wed Feb 12, 2003 6:14 am

I have those to. But I have not any problems with them.
With my Lite-on 48246S I can write them at 48x without any errors on it (according to Nero CD speed).
So it can be bad batch or it is writer related.
GrrRon
Buffer Underrun

MultiMediaMasters&Machinery media

Postby jaleel on Fri Feb 14, 2003 12:36 am

I use these as well, they work real great at highest speed even,

But I am not sure why , now with my winXP it always get buffer underrun :(

http://www.cdrlabs.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=9256
jaleel
Buffer Underrun

Return to CD-R/CD-RW Drives