Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Help!!! NeoInfotool&Drivespeed Crash system after flashi

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Help!!! NeoInfotool&Drivespeed Crash system after flashi

Postby nypk on Mon Feb 24, 2003 2:11 am

I have problem!!I reflashed the drive with the aopen v1.40 one which this website provided
aopen oem firmware1.40.
It crashed the system when I run neoinfotool program!!Windows fatal error!!
would u please give some comment about this problem??
Thank you!! :roll:
nypk
Buffer Underrun

Re: Help!!! NeoInfotool&Drivespeed Crash system after fl

Postby ErikDeppe on Mon Feb 24, 2003 2:48 pm

nypk wrote:I have problem!!I reflashed the drive with the aopen v1.40 one which this website provided
aopen oem firmware1.40.
It crashed the system when I run neoinfotool program!!Windows fatal error!!
would u please give some comment about this problem??
Thank you!! :roll:

I've checked this but I could not see any problem.

It would be very helpful if you could give more information about your system (installed CD-RW software, hardware setup).
ErikDeppe
CD Speed Author

Postby cfitz on Mon Feb 24, 2003 3:38 pm

I'm not coming down on you nypk, but I would like to point out that in the short time that you have been posting here, you have posted a number of erroneous suggestions for hacking and flashing, and shown a proclivity for downloading and trying any hack you find from any Russian newsgroup you come across, without understanding the full implications. There is nothing wrong with trying things on your system if that is what you enjoy doing, and I assume from your profile that you do:

Interests: steal at electronic store

However, given your history, there is a reasonable chance that your system is fatally broken from bad, incorrectly applied, or virus infested hacks you have downloaded. I just wanted to point out this context so Erik doesn't get unnecessarily worried about your report that his program is faulty and understands the nature of the task he is undertaking when attempting to debug your problem.

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Postby nypk on Mon Feb 24, 2003 9:04 pm

ok!!cfitz, Thanks for u edification... :)
But I'm not a 100% ignorant as u think. I don't think I'm a nasty person either. I have my personality and conscience too. 8)
Remember U can never judge a person by their looks.8)
Ok I admire that Sometime I'm wrong... I did lots of harms. But no body is perfect. That's why I'm learning and study here with U guys!!
I'm here to apologize for every wrong instruction and false information I provided. Please forgive me for any offense...and irreverence!!
Not only I tested the Russian hack in my system,but I did the debuggin also. I'm not atonic deadly fish that could easily caught virus as u think!!
I'm not addict to Russian hack and follow them like sheep. I also study debugging and assembly stuff. But Those Russian is not that bad as u think(pack the patch with virus). To my knowledge these hack are safe.
As far as i know that My system is virus free. But there's small chance of possiblity that I did wrong modification with the liteon firmware.
Also I'm sure that the Neoinfotool is ok. I want u to be clear that I didn't blame neoinfotool for that!!
Thank you mr.Erik for ur concerning on this issue. Sorry for wasting Ur precious time. Don't warry about me. I'm fine with that!!
BTW, Thank you for making a such good program!! :wink:
nypk
Buffer Underrun

Postby cfitz on Mon Feb 24, 2003 9:43 pm

As I said, nypk, I'm not condemning you. There is nothing wrong with exploring your system and trying out lots of hacks and tricks, and there is nothing wrong with making mistakes and learning as you are going. I just wanted to clarify the context of your problem because it is tough enough trying to debug remotely without having to fight, unknowingly, a host of potentially problematic and/or misapplied hacks.

I will offer one suggestion: get rid of that hacked cdfs.vxd virtual device driver you installed. In my opinion it is more of a novelty than a solid method for extracting digital audio. There are other ways to extract digital audio (e.g. programs such as EAC, CDEx, and Feurio) that are not only more robust and full-featured but also don't involve replacing a Windows system component with a device driver of unknown stability. Perhaps this will fix your Windows crashing problem.

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Postby nypk on Mon Feb 24, 2003 10:07 pm

:) Thanks cfitz!! Don't even bother to worry about me!!
I tried that b4! Doesn't work!! :wink:
nypk
Buffer Underrun

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)