Home News Reviews Forums Shop

wtf is wrong with lg

Burn baby burn!

wtf is wrong with lg

Postby dark_ice on Wed Feb 26, 2003 6:58 am

i bought lg GCE-8480B recently, burned about 5cds on it, most on 32x because of that "feature" that lowers the writing speed (but the cds were 48x).
all the burned cds are COMPLETELY UNREADABLE on my LG DVD or my other waitec burner or in mp3 player. its nothing wrong with dvd coz i can normally read cds burned on waitec or other burners... ONLY the 8480b can read the cds. wtf is wrong, is there any way to fix this...

thanx
-iCe-
dark_ice
Buffer Underrun

Postby dark_ice on Thu Feb 27, 2003 2:28 pm

come on ppl. nobody knows anything? should i return the drive to the store maybe? or i just need a new firmware. i dont understand whats going on...
thanx
-iCe-
dark_ice
Buffer Underrun

Postby BuddhaTB on Thu Feb 27, 2003 3:11 pm

dark_ice wrote:come on ppl. nobody knows anything? should i return the drive to the store maybe? or i just need a new firmware. i dont understand whats going on...
thanx

Please be patient. People do have normal lives outside of CDRLabs. Every one of us here either works or goes to school. Also, some people are from other countries, so there is a time zone difference too. If you still don't get a response by tomorrow, then I would be concerned.
BuddhaTB
CD-RW Player

Postby TheWizard on Fri Feb 28, 2003 2:51 am

What brand of blank CD's are you using, dark_ice? I recommend trying another brand. Look here for a list of discs that peform well (and no so well) in the LG GCE-8480B - http://www.cdrlabs.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=6005 . By the way, in the list, look for the GCE-8481B. If you try multiple brands of CD's and neither of them work well, you may want to consider upgrading the firmware at http://www.firmware-flash.com , you may be able to upgrade the drive to an 8481B, but I'm not certain.
No, I like women.
TheWizard
CD-RW Player

Postby dark_ice on Wed Mar 05, 2003 7:55 am

thanx for reply. i'm using sony blanks, but i recorded one ePerformance too. but its weird that they are unreadable on other drives. my only chance now is to upgrade firmware and see what will happen then.

peace
dark_ice
-iCe-
dark_ice
Buffer Underrun

Postby dodecahedron on Wed Mar 05, 2003 2:03 pm

try some more media.
try some good media - Verbatim DataLifePlus, Taiyo Yuden (Fuji).

try burning at a lower speed.

try reading the discs on another computer.

let us know what happens.
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Return to CD-R/CD-RW Drives