Home News Reviews Forums Shop

CD-R/RW Recorder problem

Burn baby burn!

CD-R/RW Recorder problem

Postby raul on Fri Mar 07, 2003 1:22 am

I have a Samsung 408b 8x8x32 CD-R/RW Recorder which is correctly burning any CD-RW, but when I try to burn CD-R (I have tried with several different brands and in both recording modes: track-at-once and disc-at-once) it can't finish the recording and gives me the following error messages:
In Nero Burning ROM: SCSI Target error_Writestate incorrect endtrack
In Easy CD Creator: CD error power calibration area error_Trackwriter error command retry failed
I tried to clean the lenses and the pickup. Also I updated the firmware to the latest firmware available.
Do someone has any idea of what could be happening?
Please, don't post answers like "Your recorder is broken, buy a new one... it's only $50", because $50 us dollars is now a lot of money in my country.
Thus is why I'm trying to find out if someone knows which could be the broken electronic component or which is specifically teh problem with the recorder.
Thanks in advance!
:(
raul
Buffer Underrun

Postby dhc014 on Fri Mar 07, 2003 1:24 am

Maybe a firmware updatewould help...
dhc014
CD-RW Player

Postby cfitz on Fri Mar 07, 2003 2:32 am

Do you see this problem with many different brands of CD-R media, or have you only tested with one brand? If you haven't tried different brands of CD-R media, you should.

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

thanks for the suggestions, but as i said...

Postby raul on Sat Mar 08, 2003 12:59 am

I have already tried updating the firmware and with several different CD-R brands.
The CD-Recorder worked fine for the first 2 years since I bought it, an then suddenly this problem.
raul
Buffer Underrun

Postby cfitz on Sat Mar 08, 2003 1:30 am

I'm sorry we haven't been any help so far, and even worse I'm afraid that we might not be able to help at all. I know you didn't want to hear this, but it sounds like there is a good chance your drive is just worn out.

Have you made any recent changes to your system that might correlate to the onset of the problem?

Also, at what speeds are you burning? If your laser is failing and can't deliver the power it used to, you might be able to limp along for a while longer by burning at slower speeds that require less power.

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Return to CD-R/CD-RW Drives