Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Direct CD won't start after update!

Easy Media Creator, Toast, RecordNow, MyDVD, WinOnCD, DLA, etc.

Direct CD won't start after update!

Postby Scrondar on Thu Mar 06, 2003 12:16 pm

After applying the latest update for EZ CD Creator so it would recognize my new LG 8520, Direct CD does not load automatically (in the WinXP tray) and when I try to open it, I get the following error message in a box titled "Entry Point Not Found":

"The procedure entry point Cdudg_IsMediaBlank could not be located in the dynamic link library CDUDFLIB.DLL"

That DLL is in the EZ CD Creator folder, so I'm not sure what to do about this. Interestingly enough, the update did recognize the drive and will burn a variety of blanks, but the drive is not listed as supported on Roxio's site, and EZ CD did not come with the drive. Am I screwed here? Any help is much appreciated.[/b]
Scrondar
Buffer Underrun

Postby Scrondar on Thu Mar 06, 2003 9:26 pm

OK, I know you're all lurking out there with baited breath waiting to see how this technodrama winds up, so here it is: I uninstalled the whole thing, cleaned out the registry as best I could of any references to EZ CD and Roxio, and (this may have been the trick) dumped NTI CD Maker, which I forgot I even had installed. I reinstalled Roxio, and instead of using the newest patch (5.3.2.34), I used an older patch (5.3.1.15) that I downloaded and never installed. Bingo! Drive recognized, DCD back online, all is good. The only thing wrong is that the DCD icon is not in the tray, and I don't know how to get it back in. Moral of the story? The latest patch ain't necessarily the best. :wink:
Scrondar
Buffer Underrun

Systray icon 4 DirectCD

Postby banzibaby on Fri Mar 07, 2003 3:53 pm

Hi M8

If i remember right, u have 2 right-click on Ur Burner in My Computer & select properties.The DirectCd options have moved there including option 2 show tray icon

Hope It helps

BaNzI
banzibaby
CD-RW Thug

Postby Scrondar on Fri Mar 07, 2003 9:49 pm

Thanks man! I had no idea those options existed.
Scrondar
Buffer Underrun

Any time m8

Postby banzibaby on Fri Mar 07, 2003 10:23 pm

:roll:

No probs M8 .Only found out meself cause i tried roxio intead of nero.It had me stumped 4 half hour:)But if ur drive support it i'd go 4 nero.More control(&more bugs)

Glad 2 help.If U have probs formattin cdrs in directcd then run msconfig & click advanced & disable windows UDF reader & reboot
BaNzI:)
Ihad probs formatin cdr wit directcd, checked that option & was able 2 do it
banzibaby
CD-RW Thug

Postby Scrondar on Sat Mar 08, 2003 8:29 pm

Excellent. Man, the sh*t you learn on these boards! I'd still be cursin' and baffled without 'em.
Scrondar
Buffer Underrun

Return to Sonic Solutions and Roxio