Home News Reviews Forums Shop

burning snafoo?

Burn baby burn!

burning snafoo?

Postby xboxjunky on Sat Mar 08, 2003 1:41 pm

:oops:

I have a problem that I was hoping one of you wonderful experts in here would help me resolve. I use Nero to burn out mp3s' from my puter. I have been doing it for a while now, with no problems. Well...now when I try to burn out any music, or anything for that matter, Nero will start to burn it out, then stop at 3%...hang for a couple minutes, then either go on up to about 30% and give me cannot complete burn process or no seek complete error or just stop at 3% and give me the error. Also, when this happens, it disables my cd-rw drive along w/ my dvd-rom drive...I have to go into my case and unplug the power plug and ribbon on the drives and restart my system. I apologize for the long post, I just wanted to give all pertinent information to anyone attempting to help me resolve this very frustrating quandry. Like I said..I have had no problems until recently..I have done no upgrades or changed any software. Thank you in advance for any responses I receive.
When we know a little, we boast. When we become educated, we realize how little we knew before.
xboxjunky
Buffer Underrun

Postby cfitz on Sun Mar 09, 2003 1:53 am

What OS are you using?

Do you have the same problem sometimes when reading CDs or DVDs?

Are the DVD-ROM and CD-RW drives on the same IDE channel?

What are the transfer modes of the two drives?

Have you looked at the Nero log for the bad burns?

Have you tried burning to different media?

Have you checked the device manager when the drives are disabled, looking for problems on both the IDE controller and the optical drives?

There shouldn't be any need to open the case and unplug cables just to get things restarted. Check the device manager the next time this happens, and remove the faulty drive and/or IDE channel, then reboot.

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Return to CD-R/CD-RW Drives