Home News Reviews Forums Shop

F1 - Oz Grand Prix

General discussion. Come introduce yourself. Talk about whataver you want!

F1 - Oz Grand Prix

Postby lppnet on Sun Mar 09, 2003 12:20 pm

Yehhh! Hurrahhh! :lol: McLaren is winning at last. Really happy to see no Ferrari 1-2 finish. I think the new rules really make the F1 race more interesting. Are you people watched it? Fantastic right?
lppnet
CD-RW Thug

Postby BuddhaTB on Sun Mar 09, 2003 12:54 pm

I wish I could have watched it, but I don't think they show it live for the U.S. F1 racing is so much better than NASCAR here in the states. Too bad they don't show it on one of the local channels.

Go Ferrari! :D
BuddhaTB
CD-RW Player

Postby lppnet on Sun Mar 09, 2003 4:43 pm

BuddhaTB wrote:Go Ferrari! :D

Oh! You are a Ferrari's fan. I respect Ferrari because they done a great job and become so dominant. But my favourite team is McLaren.

I thought F1 is much the same as Champ Car in US. Sorry to hear that US didn't show the F1 races live on the local channel. I think it is because it not popular there as the Champ Car and NASCAR. I'm I right?

The next stop is here in Malaysia, but don't think I can afford for the ticket. I can buy few DVRW drive with the F1's ticket price.
lppnet
CD-RW Thug

Postby BuddhaTB on Sun Mar 09, 2003 7:27 pm

lppnet wrote:Oh! You are a Ferrari's fan. I respect Ferrari because they done a great job and become so dominant. But my favourite team is McLaren.

I thought F1 is much the same as Champ Car in US. Sorry to hear that US didn't show the F1 races live on the local channel. I think it is because it not popular there as the Champ Car and NASCAR. I'm I right?

The next stop is here in Malaysia, but don't think I can afford for the ticket. I can buy few DVRW drive with the F1's ticket price.

Yeah, I'm a big Ferrari fan. But a bigger fan of their street cars than the race team. I think Michael Schumacher is pretty good, but I'm more of a fan of Ferrari's machines and technology. I wish I had Michael's Job. :D

In the US, NASCAR is tops among auto sports. It's a really big thing on the east coast, especially the southern states. However I think the local channel around here will show the only F1 race that takes place in the US, the one at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. The closest thing we have to F1 racing in the US is the IRL (Indy Racing League) and the CART Series. IRL uses normally-aspirated v-10's, while the CART car's use turbocharged v-8's. Check out the comparison's here:
http://www.cart.com/Tech/Car_Comparisons.asp

I only wish cable/local channels show more F1 races, World Rally Races, and MotoGP races. Those are a lot more exciting to watch than NASCAR racers going around an oval track for a 300-500 laps. I do know Speedvision shows racing 24/7, but unforunately its a premium cable channel that I don't get.

Another big F1 fan around here is F1Pilot.
BuddhaTB
CD-RW Player

Postby Bhairav on Mon Mar 10, 2003 10:08 am

Hallelujah! Go McLaren (or any team which is not Ferrari :wink: ). I do not like M Schumacher, never have and never will. I think he is a cheat (ask Damon Hill - Japan 1994) and 1999 - Mika.
Q6600@3.1Ghz | Asus P5Q-E | 4GB DDR2-800 | 8800GT | 4TB HDD | Viewsonic vx2025wm
Xonar DX | Pioneer DVR-212 | Pioneer 111L | Benq 1655
Bhairav
CD-RW Player

Postby G@M3FR3@K on Tue Mar 11, 2003 7:58 am

I watched it and it was a great race! I really enjoyed the fights between Schumi and Kimi and that pit incident with BAR (that Jacques Villeneuve is some character, eh ;)). It was too bad that Juan Pablo Montoya spinned which cost him the first place (he's my favourite, besides of course our own Dutchie, Jos Verstappen who finished 11th I believe). I'm already looking forward to the next GP in Malaysia :D
G@M3FR3@K
Buffer Underrun

Postby F1Pilot on Tue Mar 11, 2003 9:05 pm

Michael Schumacher, while talented, is a crybaby whiner and yes...a cheat. J Villeneuve has the ability...just a crap ride.

I'll forever admire Senna and Zanardi...especially Senna.
I teach Music 101
F1Pilot
CD-RW Player

Return to The Beer Garden