Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Wont Burn

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

Wont Burn

Postby KB7OZT on Thu Mar 13, 2003 10:20 pm

I just got the Nero software with a new burner, I downloaded the wma plug-in to go with it off of the nero site. I'm trying to burn some wma files off my hard drive, when I drag and drop them every so often an error will pop up saying the files protected. If I just click O.K. and try to drag it again it will usually take the second time.

Once I go to actually burn at either 4x or 8x, nothing happens. The hard drive is working like mad, and if left alone, after a while an "out of memory" error message will occur.

I removed INcd hoping that was the problem, but no such luck. I don't have any other burning program on the computer that I know of. I was able to burn some MP3's just fine. Since this isn't a full version of nero, I'm only allowed to convert 30 wma files in to MP3 unless there's another program out there to do that with.

I appreciate any ideas.
KB7OZT
Buffer Underrun

Postby Inertia on Thu Mar 13, 2003 11:37 pm

The WMA files causing the problem are probably copy protected and can't legally be converted to another format.

Windows Media Player 7 enables copy protection by default when CD music is ripped to WMA. If the problem WMA files were created by someone else, you may be unable to convert them to MP3.

If you are creating the WMA files yourself using WMP 7, you can disable the copy protection by going to Tools >> Options >> CD Audio and Uncheck Enable Personal Rights Management. Any new WMA files ripped in this manner can be converted.
Inertia
CD-RW Player

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)