Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Best Buy deals - 3/16 through 3/22

Got a hot deal you want to share? Need one?

Best Buy deals - 3/16 through 3/22

Postby cfitz on Fri Mar 14, 2003 11:44 pm

(click photos for larger version)

50-pack Fuji 80-minute CD-R: $2.99 after MIRs HOT
(Made by Taiyo Yuden. The web-site shows 16x, but these are almost certain to be 48x - look for this packaging)

100-pack Maxell 80-minute 40x CD-R: $7.99 after MIRs
(Probably made by Ritek)

Digital Research 48x16x48 internal IDE CD-RW drive: $9.99 after MIR LOW LOW PRICE
(could be manufactured by any of several companies)

Universal BUSlink 48x12x48 external USB 2.0 CD-RW drive: $69.99 after MIRs

Fellowes CD/DVD labler kit with applicator, 118 labels, MediaFACE design software and image library: $0 after MIRs FREE

Also some disc and memory specials:

Western Digital 75 GByte 7200 RPM 2 MiByte cache Ultra ATA/100 hard drive combined with Kingston Value RAM 256 MiByte PC133 SDRAM: $74.99 for both after MIR

Crucial 512 MiByte PC2100 DDR RAM: $59.99 after MIR

Kingston Value RAM 256 MiByte PC2100 DDR RAM: $24.99 after MIR

Kingston Value RAM 128 MiByte PC133 SDRAM: $12.99 after MIR
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Postby BuddhaTB on Fri Mar 14, 2003 11:51 pm

Very Nice cfitz. I don't know how you got this one early. Atleast I can relax for another weekend and study for my dreaded finals. Maybe that's why cfitz is posting the hot deals this week too. :wink:
BuddhaTB
CD-RW Player

Postby cfitz on Sat Mar 15, 2003 12:12 am

BuddhaTB wrote:Very Nice cfitz. I don't know how you got this one early.

We former paper boys still have connections... :wink:

BuddhaTB wrote:Atleast I can relax for another weekend and study for my dreaded finals.

What?!? :o Studying for finals already? Are you super studious, studying at a school with super short semesters, or studying at school with a non-tradtional (for me) semester schedule? The spring semester at my university went well into May.

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Postby BuddhaTB on Sat Mar 15, 2003 12:49 am

cfitz wrote:What?!? :o Studying for finals already? Are you super studious, studying at a school with super short semesters, or studying at school with a non-tradtional (for me) semester schedule? The spring semester at my university went well into May.

I'm on a quarter system. So each quarter lasts 10 weeks with the 11th week being finals week. So I need to start studying this weekend.
BuddhaTB
CD-RW Player

Postby cfitz on Sat Mar 15, 2003 1:13 am

BuddhaTB wrote:I'm on a quarter system. So each quarter lasts 10 weeks with the 11th week being finals week. So I need to start studying this weekend.

I figured it was something like that. Still, quarters are for wimps, since you only have to learn 10 weeks worth of material for the final rather than 16-18 weeks. :wink: :wink: 8)

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Postby BuddhaTB on Sat Mar 15, 2003 1:33 am

I like quarter system better than a semester, even though it goes by quick. The only thing I don't like is how the school/professors try to cram a year's worth of knowledge into three 10 week quarters, while the semester system gets two 16-18 week semesters to teach the same amount of stuff. Basically if you don't have the concepts down fast, your pretty much screwed and lagging behind as the 10 weeks goes by quick. One advantage is that if your stuck with a crappy professor, you'll only have to see them for 10 weeks.
BuddhaTB
CD-RW Player

Re: Best Buy deals - 3/16 through 3/22

Postby taxman150 on Sat Mar 15, 2003 1:58 am

[quote="cfitz"](click photos for larger version)

50-pack Fuji 80-minute CD-R: $2.99 after MIRs HOT
(Made by Taiyo Yuden. The web-site shows 16x, but these are almost certain to be 48x - look for this packaging)

cfitz,

I know that the regular price on these is 19.99 at Best Buy. Do you know whether the $17.00 rebate total is all mail in, or is Best Buy offering an in store rebate for a portion of this amount?

I'm also wondering what Fuji's exact policies are regarding the possibility to do multiple rebates as I'd like to purchase several of these. The last rebate form I submitted for Fuji says "Limit of one rebate per household or address." However, it doesn't indicate a length of time such as 30 days, 60 days, etc. I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience with this.

Of course, I'm still waiting for my $18 Fuji rebate that was submitted 1/7/2003 on a previous Best Buy Hot Deal. I thought Fuji's rebate service was regarded as top notch, but when I called for a status update a week ago the rep. told me that they were still working on filling rebates from the end of December. I'm a bit disappointed as its gone past 9 weeks now....

I'm wondering if I'm better off just buying the Fuji 50 pack spindles at K-Mart for $14.50, if I want to purchase larger quantities.

Thanks,
taxman150
CD-RW Thug

Postby cfitz on Sat Mar 15, 2003 2:05 am

It is $19.99 - $3 instant - $10 MIR - $4 MIR. Yeah, its kind of a bummer, all those rebates. :( They are hoping you will forget or make a mistake. :x :evil:

The rebates are one per offer per household/address. Having claimed an earlier, now expired, rebate doesn't prevent you from claiming a new, current rebate. Anyway, it hasn't in my experience.

I've personally found Fuji rebates to be reliable, but slow. Of course, I still haven't bothered using their online rebate registration site.

Those $14.50 spindles are tempting just to avoid the rebate hassle. Unfortunately the K-Mart in my area was one of the ones they close down.

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Postby dodecahedron on Sat Mar 15, 2003 6:06 am

BuddhaTB wrote:Very Nice cfitz. I don't know how you got this one early. Atleast I can relax for another weekend and study for my dreaded finals. Maybe that's why cfitz is posting the hot deals this week too. :wink:

good luck with the exams, dude! :D
if you have any questions in mathematics :o , feel free to email me :wink:
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby CowboySlim on Sat Mar 15, 2003 11:58 am

cfitz,

I know that paper boy deal. Kid across the street used to deliver. They would drop the stuffers for the Sunday edition in his driveway on Thursday.

Last time Best Buy had that Fuji deal, they were gone by the time I got there Sun. Evening. Do you think that they would sell to me today?

OTH: Best Buy will accept online orders for store pickup. Not sure if that applies to sale items. Could place order at 6AM tomorrow and pick up later, hoping that they will put it aside before the display is emptied.

BuddhaTB: Started raining - gonna' rain all day. Want me to pick you up on my way to Fry's?

Later,
Slim
CowboySlim
CD-RW Player

Postby BuddhaTB on Sat Mar 15, 2003 12:42 pm

CowboySlim wrote:OTH: Best Buy will accept online orders for store pickup. Not sure if that applies to sale items. Could place order at 6AM tomorrow and pick up later, hoping that they will put it aside before the display is emptied.

BuddhaTB: Started raining - gonna' rain all day. Want me to pick you up on my way to Fry's?

Slim, thanks for the offer. I thought you were closer to a different Fry's than the one in City of Industry? I was going to stop off at Fry's yesterday morning, but after seeing their big Friday Ad, there was nothing that caught my eye. Good luck shopping at Fry's and drive safely. People just don't know how to drive around here in pouring rain with all the fog.

As for the Best Buy Fuji deal, I would suggest you order it online and select store pickup. That way you have a Fuji spindle on reserve for yourself. Also if you order it tonite and the price is cheaper when you pick it up, they are supposed to sell it to you at the cheaper price. Also make sure they print out the rebate form for you. If they do neither of these things, make sure you talk with a store manager. Just order it today and pick up tomorrow.
BuddhaTB
CD-RW Player

Postby cfitz on Sat Mar 15, 2003 12:51 pm

CowboySlim wrote:I know that paper boy deal. Kid across the street used to deliver. They would drop the stuffers for the Sunday edition in his driveway on Thursday.

Back when I delivered they dropped them off on Tuesday, if I remember correctly. Monday and Tuesday were typically the thinnest papers of the week, so it evened out the load on the truck. I used to deliver the inserts with the lighter Saturday paper, since the Sunday paper was already huge enough by itself without being doubled in weight by the inserts. Strangely, I had a couple of customers who would complain about getting the inserts a day early. They wanted to read their inserts on Sunday. I tried explaining that just because I delivered them on Saturday didn't mean they had to read them on Saturday, but to no avail... :o :roll: Delivering papers was sometimes strange work.

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Postby imtim83 on Sat Mar 15, 2003 4:23 pm

cfitz wrote:It is $19.99 - $3 instant - $10 MIR - $4 MIR. Yeah, its kind of a bummer, all those rebates. :( They are hoping you will forget or make a mistake. :x :evil:

The rebates are one per offer per household/address. Having claimed an earlier, now expired, rebate doesn't prevent you from claiming a new, current rebate. Anyway, it hasn't in my experience.

I've personally found Fuji rebates to be reliable, but slow. Of course, I still haven't bothered using their online rebate registration site.

Those $14.50 spindles are tempting just to avoid the rebate hassle. Unfortunately the K-Mart in my area was one of the ones they close down.

cfitz

cfitz only a $3 instant rebate now :( It use to be $7. I don't get why they had to change it. I guess i will be saving my 109 Fuji CD-Rs for a long while then till they bring back the deal with a 50 pack of Fuji CD-Rs at $12.99 after instant rebate then $2.99 after mail in rebate. Two rebates make more room for them to forget sending a rebate :( Thank god i bought 200 Fuji CD-Rs before this happen. Only used around 91 of them so far.
Any help appreicated
Please Reply
Thanks
imtim83
CD-RW Player

Postby taxman150 on Sat Mar 15, 2003 4:58 pm

cfitz wrote:It is $19.99 - $3 instant - $10 MIR - $4 MIR. Yeah, its kind of a bummer, all those rebates. :( They are hoping you will forget or make a mistake. :x :evil:

cfitz

Thanks for the clarification cfitz. I will probably try to do a combination of the Comp USA and Best Buy deals to at least get 140 more discs. The K-Mart deal *is* tempting. They are closing 3 K-Marts in my area and everything in the stores is being liquidated. I went to 2 of them in hopes of finding some Fuji discs, but unfortunately they only had some Memorex audio cd-r's left at a price that didn't really interest me. It seems that the K-Marts that are still open have the Fuji 50 packs for $14.50 regular price (which is a great deal in and of itself) and then at $12.00 when they go on sale. Its nice to be able to pick these up at that price in a pinch.
taxman150
CD-RW Thug

Postby imtim83 on Sat Mar 15, 2003 5:10 pm

taxman150 bestbuy use to sell the Fuji 50 pack of 48x CD-Rs for $19.99 with a $7 instant rebate. So you paid $12.99 then they had a $10 mail in rebate which most of the time came in 30 to 70 days. So you paid around only $2.99 if you don't include that little bit of tax.
Any help appreicated
Please Reply
Thanks
imtim83
CD-RW Player

Postby CowboySlim on Sat Mar 15, 2003 6:49 pm

BuddaTB,

Just kidding about that Fry's pickup. I know that you are way up there by MWAVE and I go to the Fountain Valley Fry's.

Good tip, I'll order for store pickup now.

I went to my daughter's, drove by Fry's, didn't stop. Wrecks all over, one with a car on fire on the 405 in Huntington Beach. So many wrecks on the I15 coming down from Victorville, they shut the whole thing down.

Later,
Slim
CowboySlim
CD-RW Player

Postby BuddhaTB on Sat Mar 15, 2003 6:56 pm

CowboySlim wrote:I went to my daughter's, drove by Fry's, didn't stop. Wrecks all over, one with a car on fire on the 405 in Huntington Beach. So many wrecks on the I15 coming down from Victorville, they shut the whole thing down.

Looks like you and me both resisted Fry's this week. Good Job I guess. :D
Like I said, people don't know how to drive in the rain around here. They either drive too fast or too slow. Good thing you made it back safely Slim.
BuddhaTB
CD-RW Player

Postby imtim83 on Sat Mar 15, 2003 7:22 pm

Wow CowboySlim and BuddhaTB. I am glad you both made it back safe!
Any help appreicated
Please Reply
Thanks
imtim83
CD-RW Player

Odd..

Postby 1coadman on Sun Mar 16, 2003 2:23 pm

I checked the Fuji's out on Best Buy website, and was going to order some, but said not available for delivery and not available for store pickup. Sold out all ready?
coadman :cry:
1coadman
Buffer Underrun

Re: Odd..

Postby cfitz on Sun Mar 16, 2003 2:30 pm

1coadman wrote:I checked the Fuji's out on Best Buy website, and was going to order some, but said not available for delivery and not available for store pickup. Sold out all ready?

Probably. Run, don't walk, to your local store and see if any are left! :)

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Postby imtim83 on Sun Mar 16, 2003 2:56 pm

cfitz i am amazed they were sold out so quickly because first off the instant rebate is smaller and now they have two mail in rebates. So that makes room for more mistakes :( Plus they are a little more after you get your mail in rebates back. If you do. I am pretty amazed office max did not sell out of the 224 watt cd wallets when they were on sale for $16.95 a few weeks ago.
Any help appreicated
Please Reply
Thanks
imtim83
CD-RW Player

Postby shock on Sun Mar 16, 2003 3:33 pm

I just came back from Best Buy in Bloomington, MN and they had quite
a few of the Fuji 50-packs still sitting around. Same with CompUSA and
the 30-packs.
shock
Buffer Underrun

Postby imtim83 on Sun Mar 16, 2003 3:37 pm

shock thats good to know! I remember when they had none here in Louisiana but when i went to Fl. for a few days they had some there!
Any help appreicated
Please Reply
Thanks
imtim83
CD-RW Player

Re: Odd..

Postby BuddhaTB on Sun Mar 16, 2003 3:53 pm

1coadman wrote:I checked the Fuji's out on Best Buy website, and was going to order some, but said not available for delivery and not available for store pickup. Sold out all ready?

That is why everytime I go to Best Buy on Sunday morning, I always see a bunch of people waiting outside for the store to open. There's always something on sale that people want on a weekly basis and they know that Best Buy keeps little stock of hot items such as Fuji CD-R's, hard drives, and etc.

I went with my friend last week to buy the Maxtor hard drive that was on sale and she was amazed that people actually wait for Best Buy to open. She thought that only happens the day after Thanksgiving. I just told her its a guy thing. :wink:
BuddhaTB
CD-RW Player

Postby imtim83 on Sun Mar 16, 2003 4:00 pm

BuddhaTB couldn't you buy it online if possible and choose the option to pick it up at your local store? I bet its not just a male thing. I bet sometimes there is a few females. Doesn't matter to me though.
Any help appreicated
Please Reply
Thanks
imtim83
CD-RW Player

Next

Return to Hot Deals