Home News Reviews Forums Shop

recognition of CDRWs

Nero Burning ROM, Nero Express, NeroVision Express, Recode, InCD, etc..

recognition of CDRWs

Postby farnell_mark on Sat Mar 22, 2003 1:50 am

I am using InCD now. Sometimes it fails to recognise and mount my CDRWs and therefore I can't write on them. How can I work around this problem?

Mark :(
farnell_mark
Buffer Underrun

Postby KCK on Sat Mar 22, 2003 8:08 am

This could be due to a mismatch between your burner and CD-RW media, but more information is needed to diagnose your problem.

Which versions of Windows and InCD are you running? What is the make and model of your burner? What brands and types of CD-RW media have you tried so far?

Except for Nero and InCD, have you installed other burning programs or plugins (e.g., for WMP, WinAmp, RealOne, MusicMatch, etc.)?
KCK
CD-RW Player

Postby farnell_mark on Sat Mar 22, 2003 5:24 pm

I have a MMX with Win98 SE. I am using LiteOn 52x24x52 with the bundled Nero 5.5 and InCD 3.51.61

Mark
farnell_mark
Buffer Underrun

Postby farnell_mark on Sat Mar 22, 2003 5:27 pm

I've forgotten to tell you that I have used Transonic CDRW and formatted them as CDMRW since my LiteOn burner is MRW.

Mark
farnell_mark
Buffer Underrun

Postby KCK on Sat Mar 22, 2003 9:41 pm

Your problems could be due to the poor quality of Transonic CD-RW media. Apparently Lite-On burners work well with many brands of High Speed (10x or 12x) media, but for Ultra Speed (16x-24x) media your choice may be restricted to more reputable vendors such as Verbatim (stay away from Memorex).

You may upgrade your burner's firmware to accept more media. If your burner has an earlier firmware (check Start | Programs | Ahead Nero | Nero Toolkit | Nero InfoTool), you may upgrade to firmware S0C from Lite-On's site (www.liteonit.com).

You should upgrade to the latest versions of Nero 5.5.10.15a (and its Language pack with help files) and InCD 3.52.20b from Ahead's site (www.ahead.de).

The main point is to try better CD-RW media. If you still have problems with better media, take a look at the InCD troubleshooting guide

http://www.cdrlabs.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=9597

and come back with more information.
KCK
CD-RW Player

Return to Nero (Formerly Ahead Software)