Home News Reviews Forums Shop

what is the second best CD burner brand? next to lite on

Burn baby burn!

what is the second best CD burner brand? next to lite on

Postby Turkeyscore.com on Sat Apr 05, 2003 3:18 am

My buslink CD burner died. I want to send it in for warranty since i already recieved and cashed the rebate. Should I request any certain brand? The one I had was a no name, 1 color LED 52x24x52 with a Justlink sticker on the box, so stay away from that one. (I asked Buslink for a Lite On for replacement and i was told that they no longer carry lite on drives.
Turkeyscore.com
CD-RW Player

Postby TheWizard on Sat Apr 05, 2003 4:13 am

Are we talking low cost? I would imagine since you are buying BUSlink branded drives. In that case, look for an LG or Samsung.
No, I like women.
TheWizard
CD-RW Player

Postby BuddhaTB on Sat Apr 05, 2003 4:14 am

BUSLink still has some Lite-On's in their 52x drive boxes, you just have to look for the SmartBurn label. I saw quite a few of them at my Best Buy and Circuit City when they were having their BUSlink sales. Since you called them and they told you they no longer stock Lite-On, your going to get the same AOpen drive you have now if you send it back for a warranty replacement. Your not happy with AOpen anyways, so I would just recommend you getting a new CD-RW drive. Get one from LG or Samsung. Both of them are good brands and won't cost you as much as a Plextor or Yamaha.
BuddhaTB
CD-RW Player

Postby Big_H on Sat Apr 05, 2003 1:01 pm

Send back your Buslink drive and get a working one (if it's free of course), then you can try and sell that drive, and buy a Lite-on or Sony. Try to recoup some of your cost.
Big_H
Buffer Underrun

Return to CD-R/CD-RW Drives