Home News Reviews Forums Shop

VXD VMM error?

Anything else

VXD VMM error?

Postby iDk on Sat Apr 19, 2003 10:06 am

hi mates... sorry i don't have any idea where i should put this question, so i initially place it here in software section... i just wanna ask about this problem that i always encountered when i attempting to connect to the intenet. i'm using a dial-up connection and every time my modem started to dial my PC crashed and it display an error "VXD VMM". and i don't what to do with that kind of error message... does my modem driver had a problem? thanks...
iDk
Buffer Underrun

Postby CDRecorder on Sat Apr 19, 2003 11:11 am

I haven't seen this error before, but I think that it would help to update or re-install your modem driver. You also might want to update Dial-Up Networking, depending on what version of Windows you're using.

What version of Windows are you using, what type of modem do you have, and are you using special Internet software (like Prodigy or AOL), or are you just connecting through Dial-Up Networking?

BTW, you posted in the right forum!
CDRecorder
CD-RW Recorder

Postby Inertia on Sat Apr 19, 2003 6:13 pm

Write down the complete error message and check it against the database for VxD VMM errors at VxD VMM Errors Techadvice.

A possible solution for each error message is listed after a database search.
Inertia
CD-RW Player

Postby iDk on Sun Apr 20, 2003 10:33 am

hi. thanks alot for all your replies. I'm using Win98SE, Smart link Internal Modem, and connecting thru Dial-up networking. sorry i didn't get the exact error message. i just always saw VXD VMM.

i tried removing my modem at System Properties and also using the ADD/REMOVE programs. and my PC will work normal again after the complete installation of my modem. i'll just look for any upgrade of my modem driver.. thanks alot mates... and now i do have some idea what to do with my problem... thanks again people...
iDk
Buffer Underrun

Postby CDRecorder on Sun Apr 20, 2003 5:25 pm

You're welcome. :D

Please post back when you get it working or if you have any more problems!
CDRecorder
CD-RW Recorder

Postby iDk on Mon Apr 21, 2003 10:27 am

hi... i upgraded my modem driver and so far my PC works normal in connecting to the internet... if ever there's any other problem or the problem still keeps coming back i'll post it here... thanks once again to all your help... good luck people...
iDk
Buffer Underrun

Postby CDRecorder on Mon Apr 21, 2003 10:36 am

I'm glad to hear it's working now! :D
CDRecorder
CD-RW Recorder

Return to General Software Questions