Home News Reviews Forums Shop

My CDRW....

Burn baby burn!

My CDRW....

Postby BS on Tue May 06, 2003 1:53 pm

Í have a Ricoh CDRW and it worked very well.

Until one day after an accidental restart, It can only read some of my CD, even those CD that I can read before the accident!

And now, when it reads some of the CDs, it will just stop, I can't even eject the CD.

Then Windows will tell me that I have unplugged the CDRW from the computer. (Like when you unplugged an USB device). But it is an internal CDRW. Can someone please help me?
BS
Buffer Underrun

Postby dhc014 on Tue May 06, 2003 3:49 pm

Loose cable on the back?
dhc014
CD-RW Player

Postby vbl117 on Tue May 06, 2003 5:08 pm

I had an experience with an old CD-ROM drive ( windows was saying that it was not connected properly and it wasn't reading any cd ) .
I have done two things . I have opened my CD ROM drive and cleaned with alcohol the electronical card inside ( there was a few dust ) . And before trying again to read cd i have used a CD-ROM to clean the lens .
Don't know what worked but then i could again read all CD-ROM for a week or two . But later i had often problems with this CD-ROM drive to read some CD-ROM ( it worked well or not at all ) . I don't use it anymore because it is worn .

In my case the event was the install of a CD/RW drive ( but after , no matter the computer or the status , there was a hardware issue ) .

You should check if :

- DMA is still on . DMA off can give weird results though not these results usually .

- if ASPI layer ( if you have one ) is not corrupted . I know it can give weird reading results because i experienced it with my LTD-166S .

you can use NeroInfotool for these tasks .

http://www.cdspeed2000.com/go.php3?link=download.html

By the way what is your O.S ?
vbl117
CD-RW Player

Postby vbl117 on Tue May 06, 2003 5:16 pm

And you can also power off ur computer unplug the CD/RW and plug it again ( i know it solves some compatibilities issues but i don't have encountered it with bad reboot ) .
vbl117
CD-RW Player

Return to CD-R/CD-RW Drives