Home News Reviews Forums Shop

C 42+ EPSON STYLUS : print all red

CPU's? Motherboards? Video cards? Talk about it here.

C 42+ EPSON STYLUS : print all red

Postby vbl117 on Thu May 08, 2003 6:10 am

I have a C 42+ since one year and i print low quality photos with it .
Now when it prints it is all red ! I don't know where is the issue and i am not skilled with printers . The small epson utility shows there is still all colors in equal amount in the color cartridge ( and not only red ) , it shows the color cartridge is empty at around 60/75 per cent . I am wrong assuming the utility reports false information and the only colors remaining in the color cartridge cartridge are black and red ?

I m a real newbie with printers .

Thanks .
vbl117
CD-RW Player

Postby cfitz on Thu May 08, 2003 8:58 am

I don't know much about printers either (I just have an old laser printer), but is it possible that the nozzles for the other colors have become clogged? Pull out the cartridge and look at the print head. See if it is all gummed up.

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Postby David on Thu May 08, 2003 9:54 am

I am an experenced Epson user the first thing that you need to try is the print head cleaning utility which is built into the printer driver. It is found under the utility tab after trying this print a test sheet from using the under the same tab.
David
CD-RW Player

Postby CDRecorder on Thu May 08, 2003 10:13 am

I have an Epson C40 and that printer driver ink manager is not very good. If you even open the lid of the ink cartridge holder of the printer, it "assumes" you have a new cartridge and resets the monitor to full. It seems to just guess at the ink levels based on the number of prints, as opposed to actually measuring how much ink is left. I would advise that you just try replacing the cartridge, as that's most likely the problem. It is worth cleaning the head first, though.
CDRecorder
CD-RW Recorder

Postby vbl117 on Thu May 08, 2003 12:03 pm

Thanks to all ( be sure i have greatly appreciated all inputs :D ) . I have ran the heads diagnostic utility . It printed a test page with colors . It showed all colors ( black , yellow , purple sometimes perfect sometimes not ) except blue . After 6/7 cleanings ( i assume too much cleanings :oops: ) blue and purple were still not perfect and i ran out of black ink ( though before thee utility was showing something like 25/30 per cent black ink ) . I think there was a problem with both heads and cartridges . Now i"ll have to buy black and color cartridges ( today is 8 may , noone/few people works in my country because of the 8 may 1945 armistice so i could not buy it in stores ) .
vbl117
CD-RW Player

Return to General Hardware Discussion