Home News Reviews Forums Shop

burned audio cds does't work probely

Burn baby burn!

burned audio cds does't work probely

Postby krisje on Sat May 17, 2003 7:32 am

hi,

I have a problem with burning cds with nero. If i make a music cd and i want to play in my cd player, the music didn't start directly.
Sometimes it takes 5 or 10 sec. sometimes it doesn't work at all.
Is there anybody who knows the problem?

Thanks for to help me.

Krisje
krisje
Buffer Underrun

Postby cfitz on Sat May 17, 2003 12:36 pm

Some audio CD players work better than others at playing CD-R discs, and within any given audio CD player, some brands of discs work better than others. Try your CD-Rs in other players and see how they work there, and try different brands and types of CD-R in your troublesome CD player. You can also try varying the speed at which you burn discs. That also may make things better or worse.

What burner and CD-Rs are you using?

Finally, when burning audio CD-Rs with Nero, make sure to select "Disc-At-Once" as the writing method and check the "Finalize CD" box.

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Postby Action Jackson on Sat May 17, 2003 1:55 pm

Sounds like a situation where the Yamaha F1 burner would be real handy.
Action Jackson
CD-RW Player

Postby krisje on Sat May 17, 2003 2:08 pm

cfitz wrote:What burner and CD-Rs are you using?

Burner is MSI 48X and i'm using nero

cfitz
krisje
Buffer Underrun

Postby CDRecorder on Sat May 17, 2003 4:42 pm

What brand and speed rating are the discs you are burning on?
CDRecorder
CD-RW Recorder

Postby krisje on Sat May 17, 2003 6:32 pm

LiteOnGuy wrote:What brand and speed rating are the discs you are burning on?

I burn at 8X, I also tried 1X

I tried difference discs, the speed are 12X and 40X
krisje
Buffer Underrun

Postby CDRecorder on Sat May 17, 2003 6:38 pm

But what brand are your discs? For example, Fuji, Imation, or TDK.

Try getting discs that are rated for 48x writing, and then write them at 48x. Newer burners seem to burn better at their highest speeds than they do at slower speeds. For example, your audio will probably work better if you burn at 48x than it will if you burn it at 8x or 1x.
CDRecorder
CD-RW Recorder

Postby krisje on Sun May 18, 2003 4:26 am

LiteOnGuy wrote:But what brand are your discs? For example, Fuji, Imation, or TDK.

Try getting discs that are rated for 48x writing, and then write them at 48x. Newer burners seem to burn better at their highest speeds than they do at slower speeds. For example, your audio will probably work better if you burn at 48x than it will if you burn it at 8x or 1x.

TDK, BASF, Lifetec,Maxell, octron.
I can burn at 48X, but I heard that if you burn at high speed, it's burned not deep enough.
krisje
Buffer Underrun

Postby Dartman on Sun May 18, 2003 12:25 pm

Make sure it's set to DAO mode or disk at once. I think it defaults to that setting but you might double check it. If it's not it will put a 2 sec gap between each song, might be part of your problem also. Defintely try some Fuji media and up the speed, some burners just don't burn well with cheaper media or media that isn't in their burn table in the firnware.
Dartman
CD-RW Player

Postby CDRecorder on Sun May 18, 2003 3:49 pm

krisje wrote:I can burn at 48X, but I heard that if you burn at high speed, it's burned not deep enough.

I believe that this really isn't a problem. In fact, your burns will probably have better quality when burned at 48x than they do when burned at anything less than about 24x. Just make sure your media is no low-quality. It seems that new burners just are not optimized to burn at low speeds.
CDRecorder
CD-RW Recorder

Postby krisje on Mon May 19, 2003 9:55 am

LiteOnGuy wrote:
krisje wrote:I can burn at 48X, but I heard that if you burn at high speed, it's burned not deep enough.

I tried 2 things, I burned at 40X and I can play the cd in my car. I also tried to burn only 192 kbps at 8X and it also worked. Now i have to wait a little time, because it happend that the first time i tried it's work and the second time not, so I gonna wait a while.

I let you know.

But, i have still one question. If you burn at 40X or 48X, Is the data burned deep enough?
I let you know.

Thanks a lot
krisje
Buffer Underrun

Postby CDRecorder on Mon May 19, 2003 10:31 am

krisje wrote:

<snip>

But, i have still one question. If you burn at 40X or 48X, Is the data burned deep enough?

I am not sure what you mean by "deep enough", but, unless you are using poor media, high speeds should actually work better than lower speeds.
CDRecorder
CD-RW Recorder

Postby krisje on Mon May 19, 2003 11:20 am

I am not sure what you mean by "deep enough", but, unless you are using poor media, high speeds should actually work better than lower speeds.[/quote]

I heard that if you burn at high speed, that a music cd can skip over when you play
krisje
Buffer Underrun

Postby Dartman on Mon May 19, 2003 11:56 am

I think what we are all saying is that the old rule of better/deeper burns at slower speeds doesn't really apply anymore with the newer burners. They are calibrated to burn at top speed selected for whatever media you use, as long as it knows the media it will produce a clean, deep, error free burn. At lower speeds they just don't always burn as good anymore.
I used to get what we called light burns with my Yamaha 4260 back in the old days, it would barely be different then the unburned part of the media, or a light burn, same thing as a non deep burn I think.
Dartman
CD-RW Player

Postby Wolo on Mon May 19, 2003 3:35 pm

Krisje,

I experienced a similar problem with a TDK 4800B. My burned audio discs would not start playing for about 10-20 seconds. In most cases, my CD player had trouble jumping between tracks on those discs. I tried Fuji, TDK, and Sony media. The first audio disc (per day) usually worked fine, but subsequent attempts would result in CDs that could not be played in my car, or my home stereo system.

TDK support was familiar with this issue, and they diagnosed it as a hardware problem. I sent them the drive and now I'm waiting for my new drive to arrive, so I can test it out.

-Wolo
Wolo
Buffer Underrun

Postby krisje on Mon May 19, 2003 4:55 pm

Wolo wrote:Krisje,

TDK support was familiar with this issue, and they diagnosed it as a hardware problem. I sent them the drive and now I'm waiting for my new drive to arrive, so I can test it out.

-Wolo

I think you have the same problem. I'm working with a new pc with w2000 (amd), my other pc was a w98 (intel)with no problem with burning cd's. So I think also that it's a hardware problem.
Today I burned a cd at 40X and it's played in the car, so I hope that the problem is solved. Tomorrow I gonna try again, I let you know.
If You want you may contact me if you have an answer.
krisje
Buffer Underrun

Postby Wolo on Thu May 22, 2003 2:08 pm

I received my replacement drive from TDK. They were kind enough to send me a 5200B. So far, I have burned about ten audio discs without any problems! The discs play immediately when inserted into my home stereo CD player, and I can successfully skip between tracks.

My configuration has not changed since I removed the faulty 4800B. I have the new drive connected to the same controller, and I'm using the same old software. My only conclusion is that my burner degraded after about 5 months.

If you are still having problems, I would call MSI and ask for a new drive.

-Wolo
Wolo
Buffer Underrun

Postby CDRecorder on Thu May 22, 2003 8:29 pm

Wolo wrote:I received my replacement drive from TDK. They were kind enough to send me a 5200B.

Nice!

BTW, I'm glad the new drive is working, now.
CDRecorder
CD-RW Recorder

Postby krisje on Sat May 24, 2003 4:20 pm

Hi,

I found the problem, I've download the driver VIA chips, the last one and my problem is solved.

Thanks to everyone how trying to help me

Krisje
krisje
Buffer Underrun

Postby CDRecorder on Sat May 24, 2003 4:56 pm

Good to hear that you drive is working too, Krisje!
CDRecorder
CD-RW Recorder

Return to CD-R/CD-RW Drives