Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Re: Hot Deals section

Need help with the website? Have feedback? Post it here.

Re: Hot Deals section

Postby dolphinius_rex on Tue Jun 24, 2003 9:45 am

Wouldn't it make a little more sense to have the topic divided into subtopics for different areas?

consider this:

Deals in the U.S.:
Deals in Canada:
Deals in Australia:
Deals in Germany:
Deals in......

it would make finding the deals that are pertinant to you MUCH easier to find! or perhaps putting the general location of the deal into the subject line could be adopted as the norm??

just my siggestions
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby cfitz on Tue Jun 24, 2003 9:51 am

Like it or not, the reality is that the vast majority of the deals people post are for the U.S. only. I don't think there is enought Hot Deals activity for other markets to warrant the creation of a bunch of new sub-forums. Just my opinion. 8)

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Postby dolphinius_rex on Tue Jun 24, 2003 9:54 am

well, how about using the main forum of Hot Deals for U.S. deals, and for the rare occurances that are NOT U.S. there could be a seperate sub forum? at least breaking it down to continents.

so

North America (Non-U.S.)
Europe
Africa
Asia
Australia
South America

(chances are unlikey anyone posts deals for the Artic right?)
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby cfitz on Tue Jun 24, 2003 10:04 am

dolphinius_rex wrote:(chances are unlikey anyone posts deals for the Artic right?)

Hey, what do you have against penguins?! :x Don't you know people around here are overwhelmingly in favor of penguins? You dolphin lovers are all the same - all high and mighty with your brainy dolphin pals, thinking dolphins are superior to all the other aquatic creatures. :evil: Keep up that sort of animalism and we will revoke your CDRLabs membership! :wink: :D

cfitz

(Yes, I know penguins are from Antarctica, not the Artic, but dolphinius_rex was otherwise listing continents...)
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Postby dolphinius_rex on Tue Jun 24, 2003 10:11 am

well, you know Dolphins and Penguins often vie for the same fish!

dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Tue Jun 24, 2003 10:39 am

You know, if people from other countries actually posted deals, I might think about it. Right now about 95% of the deals posted are for the US with a sprinking from Canada.

Not to mention, I don't think I've seen any other deal forums set up that way.
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby dodecahedron on Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:05 pm

cfitz wrote:thinking dolphins are superior to all the other aquatic creatures.

hmm....
don't you know that dolphins are the most intelligent creatures on Earth?
if you don't, go read H^2G^2.

so long and thanks for all the fish...
:D
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby dodecahedron on Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:07 pm

cfitz wrote:Like it or not, the reality is that the vast majority of the deals people post are for the U.S. only. I don't think there is enought Hot Deals activity for other markets to warrant the creation of a bunch of new sub-forums.
sad, but true... :(
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby dolphinius_rex on Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:13 pm

fair enough I suppose. I was just hoping I'd be able to weed out the U.S. ones and be able to browse the Canadian ones a little easier. Oh well.

dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby cfitz on Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:16 pm

dodecahedron wrote:hmm....
don't you know that dolphins are the most intelligent creatures on Earth?

Sure, but brains aren't everything. Some of us get by on our looks and sparkling, bubbly personalities... :-? :wink: :D (is there a smiley for self-deprecating irony?)

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Postby dodecahedron on Tue Jun 24, 2003 12:33 pm

actually, after making that post i remembered:
the dolophins were the most intelligent creatures on earth, except for the white mice of course. :D
i guess i'm rusty on H2G2...
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby TheWizard on Thu Jun 26, 2003 6:57 pm

cfitz wrote:You dolphin lovers are all the same - all high and mighty with your brainy dolphin pals, thinking dolphins are superior to all the other aquatic creatures. :evil: Keep up that sort of animalism and we will revoke your CDRLabs membership! :wink: :D

Umm, who is "we"? I don't mind if dolphinius stays, penguin lover or not. :)

cfitz wrote:You dolphin lovers are all the same - all high and mighty with your brainy dolphin pals, thinking dolphins are superior to all the other aquatic creatures. :evil:

I know this is a joke, but I'm still wondering who the "we" is in the above statement. And, cfitz, you make it sound like you are on some moderating committee here. You aren't a moderator yet, so please don't get too big for your britches.
No, I like women.
TheWizard
CD-RW Player

Postby cfitz on Fri Jun 27, 2003 6:46 pm

"We" are the 85% of the people who voted in favor of penguins.

It was just a silly joke, and there is no need to take it seriously. I don't want to be a moderator, I didn't suggest that I want to be a moderator, and I didn't pretend to be a moderator. If you read some or all of that into one trivial pronoun, that isn't my fault. I can't be responsible for you imagining things where there is nothing.

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Postby TheWizard on Fri Jun 27, 2003 7:02 pm

I didn't imagine all of that from "one trivial pronoun". It was a culmination of things including a few things said in your post in this thread, not just the "we" part.

Since you stated you don't want to be a moderator, did not suggest that, nor did you pretend to be one, I apologize for making a false judgment.
No, I like women.
TheWizard
CD-RW Player

Postby Inertia on Fri Jun 27, 2003 7:13 pm

Well said, cfitz. :)

TheWizard, nicely done to spoil an otherwise lighthearted thread. 8)

Believe me, lame apology or not, if anyone might lose respect from this exchange, it is not cfitz. :-?
Inertia
CD-RW Player

Postby TheWizard on Sat Jun 28, 2003 1:22 am

Hmm...OK. I apologized to cfitz, and it was sincere. There is no need to involve another person in this.

I apologize for spoiling the thread as well. Lash me 1000 times with a camel's hair. <-- The first sentence was sincere as well, the second sentence was intended to be funny...perhaps it will bring the lightheartedness back.
No, I like women.
TheWizard
CD-RW Player

Postby cfitz on Sat Jun 28, 2003 12:34 pm

It's okay. I appreciate Inertia's expression of support and TheWizard's expression of sincerity. Peace to all.

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Postby TheWizard on Sat Jun 28, 2003 5:52 pm

Hehe, that picture is cute. Where is the picture of the Peace Frog? Include it with the dolphin and penguin then they will be an unstoppable trio. :)
No, I like women.
TheWizard
CD-RW Player

Postby cfitz on Sat Jun 28, 2003 10:13 pm

Thanks. I'm not sure where I would put the peace frog though (a three-way handshake, perhaps?), and since frogs didn't play a part in this thread, I didn't think to include one in the picture. 8)

cfitz
cfitz
CD-RW Curmudgeon

Return to Feedback and Help