Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Women and food

What was that?

Women and food

Postby UALOneKPlus on Fri Jul 11, 2003 12:47 am

What is it with women and food?

My mom comes to visit and brings a ton of food, and buys a ton of food to eat. When she leaves for home she left all this food that we'll never eat in time before they spoil.

I took my wife out to eat an expensive dinner. She took half of it home a couple days ago, and even though she claims to love her dinner, she heats up a frozen pizza tonight even though the doggie-bag dinner is sitting right in the fridge for her to re-heat and eat.

My mother-in-law comes to visit in the last week, and she brings in a big box of frozen meats. My freezer and fridge is already bursting with food, and I have to bring out the portable cooler to store her meats. Every day I dump ice into it to keep it cool, but she keeps going to the store to buy more food instead of eating the food we have.

I'm going to put my foot down and say no more grocery shopping until everyone eats the food we have!!! :evil:

I always only buy what I eat, and I always finish what I buy. I don't understand these women, wonder if they have a defective food gene or something!!!
UALOneKPlus
CD-RW Player

Postby dodecahedron on Fri Jul 11, 2003 1:03 am

i think it would be a good idea if your wife didn't see this topic of yours.

especially the title :lol: :wink:
One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the land of Mordor, where the Shadows lie
-- JRRT
M.C. Escher - Reptilien
dodecahedron
DVD Polygon

Postby UALOneKPlus on Fri Jul 11, 2003 5:00 am

LOL that's true.

I just hope we eat all the food before they spoil and someone gets sick!
UALOneKPlus
CD-RW Player

Postby vbl117 on Fri Jul 11, 2003 8:02 am

Woman's behavior with food , clothes , and furniture is not clear . Some keep old clothes , outdated food ( not your case yet ) .
All these three women act in a similar way ( and i guess they are different ) , it could be that they think you should store more food ( some people like to store an amount of food to be quiet/happy ) but they cannot know/dare how to say it .
Women can try to say something with food ( if you have a doubt you should ask to your mother or your wife , do not ask to your mother in law unless you have no choice or she is nice with you ) .
vbl117
CD-RW Player

Postby CignaXI on Fri Jul 11, 2003 1:43 pm

Maybe is a sign from God for you. Just cook the food or reheated go out and give it to those that don't have it like bums or salvation army before it spoils. You always have to look for a good side out of things. Maybe that will send a subliminal message to your wife and she'll stop buying more food than the one you need. :D :D :D
Still burning with my LTR-16101B.
CignaXI
CD-RW Player

Postby Ian on Fri Jul 11, 2003 2:17 pm

My wife likes to buy tons of fruit at Sam's and stuff. Unfortunately, we never get around to eating it all so we have to throw a lot of it out. Now whenever she wants to buy fruit I always ask her "are you actually going to eat it?"
"Blu-ray is just a bag of hurt." - Steve Jobs
Ian
Grand Poobah

Postby jedimc on Wed Jul 23, 2003 2:52 am

maybe you should go around to the shops where they buy the food and put up posters saying "do not sell food to this lady more than 2 times a week " 8)
I have a LG GCE-8520B 52/24/52
and Samsung CD-ROM SC-148T
jedimc
CD-RW Player

Re: Women and food

Postby DawnLoader on Mon Aug 04, 2003 12:36 am

UALOneKPlus wrote:What is it with women and food?

My mom comes to visit and brings a ton of food, and buys a ton of food to eat. When she leaves for home she left all this food that we'll never eat in time before they spoil.

I took my wife out to eat an expensive dinner. She took half of it home a couple days ago, and even though she claims to love her dinner, she heats up a frozen pizza tonight even though the doggie-bag dinner is sitting right in the fridge for her to re-heat and eat.

My mother-in-law comes to visit in the last week, and she brings in a big box of frozen meats. My freezer and fridge is already bursting with food, and I have to bring out the portable cooler to store her meats. Every day I dump ice into it to keep it cool, but she keeps going to the store to buy more food instead of eating the food we have.

I'm going to put my foot down and say no more grocery shopping until everyone eats the food we have!!! :evil:

I always only buy what I eat, and I always finish what I buy. I don't understand these women, wonder if they have a defective food gene or something!!!

Time to throw a party dogg! Grill some-o-dem meetz your ma-in-law contributed. Make some burgers, stake and have few beerz with your homees.

I be there, to help you finish that meet, if I could.
DawnLoader
Buffer Underrun

Postby Inertia on Tue Aug 19, 2003 11:57 pm

UALOneKPlus,

The next time your mother-in-law brings a lot of meat, say "Thanks, (the dog's name or neighbor's/friend's dog's name if you don't have one) will really enjoy this meat." 8)

If she expresses alarm and asks why you would give her meat to a dog, explain that you would never normally do that but the refrigerator is already bursting at the seams and otherwise it might spoil. :wink:

That way, if the reality of the situation was mentioned, it wouldn't be because you were complaining but because you were responding to her question about the use of the meat after graciously thanking her for it. :P :P

The downside to this strategy is that you would be placed on your mother-in-law's Hit List. :o
Inertia
CD-RW Player

Return to Rants n' Raves