Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Lite-On compatibility?

Burn baby burn!

Lite-On compatibility?

Postby Intimidator on Sat Jul 19, 2003 9:06 am

I have a question concerning the compatibility issue with the Lite-On 52X burner and my recently purchased AMD Biostar M7VIG Pro MB. Before I make the investment in this burner will it work with this board and the VIAKM266 chipset?

Does anyone have this drive running on this MB or using this chipset?

Also what is the difference b/t the retail Lite-On 52x and the OEM version? Is the warranty one year for this drive?

Thanks in advance!
Intimidator
CD-RW Player

Postby David on Sat Jul 19, 2003 10:51 am

I do not have a motherboard based on that chip set but I can answer your second question.

The difference between the retail and oem versions is the waranty the retail wersion of the Lite-On also comes with a blank cd-r and cd-rw.
David
CD-RW Player

Postby dolphinius_rex on Sat Jul 19, 2003 2:51 pm

David wrote:I do not have a motherboard based on that chip set but I can answer your second question.

The difference between the retail and oem versions is the waranty the retail wersion of the Lite-On also comes with a blank cd-r and cd-rw.

DOn't forget that lovely box it comes in, and also the sticker that says LiteON that they put on the drive :D
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Postby aviationwiz on Sat Jul 19, 2003 3:08 pm

Doesn't the LTR-52246S retail box have the CDRLabs logo on it?
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby Inertia on Sat Jul 19, 2003 5:48 pm

Intimidator,

I wouldn't be concerned with compatibility issues between the VIA KM266 chipset and the 52x Liteon. As far as I know, there are no issues. If there were any problems, we certainly would have had reports by now.

Liteon burners don't have any significant compatibility problems.
Inertia
CD-RW Player

Postby aviationwiz on Sat Jul 19, 2003 5:50 pm

Drives don't have problems working with certain chipsets and motherboards, it is very rare to find a compatibility problem.
aviationwiz
Plextor Fan(atic)

Postby dolphinius_rex on Sat Jul 19, 2003 5:57 pm

Sometimes you need to update your motherboard drivers to get the proper transfer spedds, but that's about the worst of it.
Punch Cards -> Paper Tape -> Tape Drive -> 8" Floppy Diskette -> 5 1/4" Floppy Diskette -> 3 1/2" "Flippy" Diskette -> CD-R -> DVD±R -> BD-R

The Progression of Computer Media
dolphinius_rex
CD-RW Player

Return to CD-R/CD-RW Drives