Home News Reviews Forums Shop

Lite-on lt-24102m with firmware 4ds3

Easy Media Creator, Toast, RecordNow, MyDVD, WinOnCD, DLA, etc.

Lite-on lt-24102m with firmware 4ds3

Postby Pat Caul on Sun Jul 20, 2003 6:17 am

My operating system is XP and using roxio creative 6. I can burn a cd-r however when I try to format a cd-rw ( Memoriex 1x-4x) I receive an error ( problems with media).

I have formated several weeks ago this type of cd but now all of a sudden I cannot. I have tried formating several ways and reviewed Roxio problem solver, and used explorer to format.

It should be noted that when I go into creator classic, and go to the tool bar and click on drive properties, my "d" drive is highlighted. I then have to highlight my "e" drive which is the burner and when I look in the properties box at the bottom of this area for "supported media: it is showing cd-r. I cannot change this. It does show cd-rw but when I click on it, it reverts back to cd-r. Can this be a problem?

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the version and even gone back to version 5 which I never had a problem.

Please note that I can rip a regular cd-r.
Can some help me?

Thank you! :cry:
PCC
Pat Caul
Buffer Underrun

Re: Lite-on lt-24102m with firmware 4ds3

Postby jmbrown12 on Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:00 pm

My operating system is XP and using roxio creative 6. I can burn a cd-r however when I try to format a cd-rw ( Memoriex 1x-4x) I receive an error ( problems with media).

Have you tried any media other than Memorex? There are many reports of problems with Memorex CD-RW discs.

It should be noted that when I go into creator classic, and go to the tool bar and click on drive properties, my "d" drive is highlighted. I then have to highlight my "e" drive which is the burner and when I look in the properties box at the bottom of this area for "supported media: it is showing cd-r. I cannot change this. It does show cd-rw but when I click on it, it reverts back to cd-r. Can this be a problem?

No, this is an information only box that shows the type of media supported by the recorder. It is not selectable.
jmbrown12
CD-RW Player

Roxio

Postby Pat Caul on Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:17 pm

Thank you for your input. No I have not tried another type of media as of yet. However it was working with this type several weeks ago. Why would it stop working now?
PCC
Pat Caul
Buffer Underrun

Postby jmbrown12 on Sun Jul 20, 2003 3:30 pm

I have bought spindles of media where some worked OK and some did not, however I have never had good luck with Memorex CD-RW discs. I would try a brand other than Memorex. Have you made any changes, software or hardware, to your system since they worked?
jmbrown12
CD-RW Player

rOXIO

Postby Pat Caul on Sun Jul 20, 2003 4:00 pm

Thanks so much for spending the time on this problem. Yes I have changed some software. I have Updated Symatic, and zone alarm however after reading so many sites on this issue, I have turned the software off when burning.

I have also removed any other software, like Microsoft Picture Express 7.0 from my machine as well as the new AOL Broadband. While I am on a cable setup I have always kept this software.

I am still leaning back to the fact that I cannot change the media type in creative classic to accept a media type of cd-rw. When I click on the cd-rw it rolls back to cd-r.

Please keep in mind that I have reinstalled the software also.
PCC
Pat Caul
Buffer Underrun

Postby jmbrown12 on Sun Jul 20, 2003 6:23 pm

I am still leaning back to the fact that I cannot change the media type in creative classic to accept a media type of cd-rw. When I click on the cd-rw it rolls back to cd-r.

Again, you cannot change the media type in this box. It is an information list only, showing the types of media supported by your recorder. Let us know the outcome of trying other media.
jmbrown12
CD-RW Player

media Type

Postby Pat Caul on Sun Jul 20, 2003 8:31 pm

Thanks, will have to get some other makes. Appreciate your thoughts.
PCC
Pat Caul
Buffer Underrun

Return to Sonic Solutions and Roxio